Sign in to follow this  
Rob Peters

Eastern Meet Name Badges

I spent a good bit of the night this evening starting to print out and make up some of the Eastern Meet Name Badges.  Here is a picture of them laid out on our table.  This is not all of them but I got a good start.  Keep the registrations coming in because this will already be the most First Generation Monte Carlo's in the same place at the same time since they were sitting in a lot at a factory waiting to be shipped out to the dealers... YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!!!

rob

Namebadges.jpg

Thats a lot of name badges! I see Carlisle events gave us even more love on there web site highlighting the eastern meet.  Thank you again Rob for all you have done.

31 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Thats a lot of name badges! I see Carlisle events gave us even more love on there web site highlighting the eastern meet.  Thank you again Rob for all you have done.

Steve, yes it is a lot of name badges and it isn't even all of them yet.  What you see there, the top badge you see is the members name and all of their guest badges are underneath theirs.  Like I said, I haven't printed all of the "Member" badges because some of them are still unsure who their guests will be.

rob

Just a note, one of the things we are shooting for this year in Carlisle is listed below.  If you have any ideas on how our club can accomplish this please contact me.  I already know of two members bringing large metal KNIGHTS IN ARMOR and one large cardboard KNIGHT IN ARMOR.  We also have some play swords to display and I am in the process of making some flag/banners that will have the Monte Carlo Crest/Emblem so we can display them on our canopy.  

Please help out with your ideas.  It would also be nice to display an American flag on our club can canopy.

Here is the Carlisle Events info on this contest:

Carlisle Coolest Club Program

The Coolest Club Hangout Award is presented to a Club participating in the
Club Tent Program with the most creative Club Tent display. In addition to the
display you must also be an example of what Carlisle Events is all about
HAVING FUN! The Coolest Club Hangout award is a banner for your Club to
proudly display at Carlisle, at your home gatherings and at any other events
your group attends.

rob

I like Steve would like to Thank You for all you do for this club Rob!  I know it takes a lot of time for what you and others do on a daily basis. 

Yes I am bringing my Knights.  Sir Monte and his brother Sir Carlo, however they need a well deserved bath before they show up though. LOL

10 minutes ago, willie said:

I like Steve would like to Thank You for all you do for this club Rob!  I know it takes a lot of time for what you and others do on a daily basis. 

Yes I am bringing my Knights.  Sir Monte and his brother Sir Carlo, however they need a well deserved bath before they show up though. LOL

Willie, I had forgotten you had two.  So you will have Sir Monte, Sir Carlo and Roy and Sue Bunjes will have Sir Carlos so we will have a total of three large metal Knights protecting our canopy.  I will have name badges for all three of them.

rob

I am bringing the cardboard Sir Blackie of Monte Carlo. He is waiting in anxious anticipation on the wall of my computer room.  He had a great time in Kodak last year

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I can bring a flag and pole Rob, we can put it on the corner with wire ties I assume.

Steve, i think that would be great and I will take you up on your offer.

rob

I did some research on activities for car shows and two popped out at me. Fan belt toss, where you try to get the fan belt over a cone or some such thing, and pushrod drop, where you try to drop a pushrod into a small hole. Aside from the usual scavenger hunt things, trivia, and the like there could be something like trying to guess the "mystery parts". You would have various car parts and the idea is to guess the make, model, and year of the parts.

If I read it right, the "coolest club" included being a place for "fun", so I figured we could have some fun activities to do in our area.

that sounds fun and challenging to me. i know my kids would like it.

2 hours ago, cbolt said:

I did some research on activities for car shows and two popped out at me. Fan belt toss, where you try to get the fan belt over a cone or some such thing, and pushrod drop, where you try to drop a pushrod into a small hole. Aside from the usual scavenger hunt things, trivia, and the like there could be something like trying to guess the "mystery parts". You would have various car parts and the idea is to guess the make, model, and year of the parts.

If I read it right, the "coolest club" included being a place for "fun", so I figured we could have some fun activities to do in our area.

Jim,

i have done a Poker run the last two Eastern Meets I hosted there and had considered doing another one on Thursday but rather than that I was considering some games at the Fairfield Inn during the day, along with a group trip to Carlisle Sports Emporium for a group go-cart racing trip.  One of the games I was considering was the "Mystery Parts" one you suggested.  We did that one at one of our meets and I was considering it for Carlisle this year.  I do like the Fan belt toss.  It is my plan to have prizes for the winners of the Thursday Games. 

Regarding the Coolest Club Hangout.  At Carlisle that is usually the canopy that is best decorated.  We won it once before in Carlisle, I think it was in 2015 or 2018.  Usually at Carlisle there is so much to do around the fairgrounds people don't spend a lot of time in the club area, the canopy is more of a cooling off relaxing area before the next thing you want to do.

rob

On 2/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, Rob Peters said:

Jim,

i have done a Poker run the last two Eastern Meets I hosted there and had considered doing another one on Thursday but rather than that I was considering some games at the Fairfield Inn during the day, along with a group trip to Carlisle Sports Emporium for a group go-cart racing trip.  One of the games I was considering was the "Mystery Parts" one you suggested.  We did that one at one of our meets and I was considering it for Carlisle this year.  I do like the Fan belt toss.  It is my plan to have prizes for the winners of the Thursday Games. 

Regarding the Coolest Club Hangout.  At Carlisle that is usually the canopy that is best decorated.  We won it once before in Carlisle, I think it was in 2015 or 2018.  Usually at Carlisle there is so much to do around the fairgrounds people don't spend a lot of time in the club area, the canopy is more of a cooling off relaxing area before the next thing you want to do.

rob

Rob, you may have thought of this game or have enough already but, one game at car shows here a lot of people liked to play is called washer toss in this area.. basically you have 6 large 3 inch washers you try to throw in 3 holes in a short rectangular box . At about 10 to 12 feet away.. kinda difficult but sometimes just 2 in the hole can be a winner... I could make one and bring the game if you like .. Ron..

Ron,

I have made one of these Washer Toss Games myself.  Unfortunately it is much too large to fit into the car with all of the other things I will be bringing to the meet.  My game is a pair of plywood boxes.  I covered the boxes with indoor out door carpet.  Each of the boxes are place approximately 15 feet apart and each have three holes, one behind the other the First hole is 1 point, second hole is 3 points and the third hole is 5 points.  You have to hit 21 on the nose or points are subtracted....

It is a great game.  I have never brought it to a car meet because some people get nervous with these washers flying through the air but no reason why it could not be done someplace way from the the cars.  If you would like to bring it to be played on Thursday and would be interested in running the game and keeping the score that would be great.

Rob

Ok I’ll make one and bring it.. we only use one box with three holes and whoever gets the most washers in win the prize.. there has never been a tie, but could be a playoff if necessary.. the box  is only about 3 feet long by 8-10 inches wide and couple inches tall.. very challenging.. best to play on grass I suppose but we play on asphalt.. usually someone stands behind box if washers get carried away...Ron...

10 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Ok I’ll make one and bring it.. we only use one box with three holes and whoever gets the most washers in win the prize.. there has never been a tie, but could be a playoff if necessary.. the box  is only about 3 feet long by 8-10 inches wide and couple inches tall.. very challenging.. best to play on grass I suppose but we play on asphalt.. usually someone stands behind box if washers get carried away...Ron...

P.S. we never toss in direction of cars , that’s the reason for one box ..