light monitoring system fibre optics

Grant MacPherson

Does anyone have original or a source for replacement of fibre optic lines? My front is ok but someone cut the back off at the deck lid indicator. I was planning to wire them with LEDs so that they appear to be working but would prefer to restore if possible.  

ibsaw the line on ebay. you can use any fiberoptic line if it is the same size. you can also splice them. so on ebay you will find the Ferrell, line and splice. you can use heat shrink tubing in a pinch.

trim parts have some stuff but big bucks

When I bought my car the fiber optic lines had been cut at the package tray module.  I went to a junk yard and found an old Cadillac that used the fiber optic system and cut the lines i needed from that Caddy.  I used the Shrink Tube splice method Antoine mentioned.  

The key to using this method is a good sharp razor blade to make a nonangled cut on each end of the fiber optic lines and making sure the ends butt up against each other.

I used two or three different sizes of shrink tubing, each one being one size larger than the previous. The fiber optic line should fit snugly into the First Shrink Tubing and then heated to shrink and then the second size of shrink tubing would then be slipped over the first shrunk tubing, followed by the third if you choose to go that far. 

It goes without saying  that all of the pieces fo shrink tubing  are slid over the line prior to the first shrink is done...... trust me, it is easy to forget that step.

rob