Quite An Honor For Our Club

Rob Peters

A couple weeks ago I posted the below in the Members Only Forum:

"I had to speak with my Carlisle Events contact today regarding our club canopy.  During our conversation he asked what my thoughts were if the First Generation Monte Carlo Club could enter the show field all at the same time as a group. 

I told him we have always tried to do this when we come but since our group will be so much larger this year I am trying to work out the logistics.  I told him I figured we could all line up along the road near the entrance gate but I can't figure out how, with the stop light there how we would all be able to get through together on the same light and that would break our chain of cars.  For those who have attended in the past you would understand what I am referring to

He told me that should not be a problem because they have the ability to control that light.  I told him I had thought about maybe contacting the local police to see if they could assist us at that intersection.  My contact went on to say his idea takes it one step farther.  His idea is for our club to completely enter together and completely circle the show field as a group and really show us off to all the attendees.    WHAT AN HONOR FOR OUR CLUB!!!!!!!!  " 

That was a couple weeks ago and here is the update:

Well, the good news is that this is a DONE DEAL   Our club will all stage in an area outside a different gate from the main entrance.  We will all enter as a group on Saturday Morning.  I have not worked out the exact time or staging location but I have asked if we could stage at the old dealership that is by the Fairgrounds Diner.  That old dealership parking lot should be large enough to handle us and it is right next to the gate we would enter.

We will enter that gate as a group and parade around the show field and as they show off the First Generation Monte Carlo Club.  I have never seen Carlisle Events do this for any other club and that is why it is such an honor for us.  After we parade around the show field we will park in our designated areas.

I think they usually play the National Anthem at 9:00AM so I am guessing we will need to be parked by then so it will be a bit of an early arrival.  Bottom line is this will give the club a lot of exposure.

rob

• Like 6

Rob, this is truly a remarkable feat you have done with the assistance of the Carlisle people. 

I for one can't thank you enough for all you have done and continue to do for the club! 

With all you have going on in your personal life, to get this momentus feat done is above and beyond anything I have ever seen! 

I for one THANK YOU!!!! 

My brother and I are trying to get back on track to be part of this with our Montes. 

Again, thank you and to all the other officers for what they all do! 

Hats off to you all!!!!

• Like 2

Thanks Guys.  I am enjoying the planning of this meet.  I have enjoyed all of the meets I have planned.  For this one, it is very special to me.  Mostly because I started pestering Carlisle Events over 7 years ago to feature the Monte Carlo in 2020 for the 50th Anniversary of the Monte Carlo and to see this coming true means a lot to me.  No matter how much planning that is done in advance, if members don't react and attend it is all for not so the response from all of our members are the ones who are responsible for making this meet so large and such a success.  Thanks go to you all for your participation. 

To see such a positive response has more than exceeded my expectations.  My original hope was to see more than 53 First Gen Monte's in attendance.  The previous record was 52 but that was a joint meet with the National Monte Carlo Owners Association in Greensburg, Pa.  We now have 80 members registered with me and right at 70 First Gen Monte Carlo's.  I just got another newer member send me an email tonight wanting to attend.  

Keep those registrations rolling in, you are doing the FGMCC Proud..     "LET'S FILL THE FIELD WITH MONTE CARLO'S"

rob

• Like 3

That really is outstanding Rob, I wish my car could be done by then, but the chance of that is slim to never in a million years. That'll be a once in a lifetime chance to see, I may have to take a ride out there in the daily driver to see that. Great Job!

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That really is outstanding Rob, I wish my car could be done by then, but the chance of that is slim to never in a million years. That'll be a once in a lifetime chance to see, I may have to take a ride out there in the daily driver to see that. Great Job!

Joe, you don't have to have your car at one of these meets.  Truly, the cars are an excuse to get together, it is the people you will get to know.  It is about the fellowships, friendships and of course the evening Bench Racing.  

Heck, I am sure if you wanted to come for the duration and missed tinkering on a First Gen Monte others would let you help them clean theirs.

rob

• Like 2

As much as I would love to join my monte family I am unable to join ☹️. Funding has been a major setback with joining the club this year and the cost of the hotel and prepping the car for a long drive I just don’t see it. It sounds like Carlisle will be a big hit with hopefully all the members that do go and I wish those that do a safe trip.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, monte70car said:

As much as I would love to join my monte family I am unable to join ☹️. Funding has been a major setback with joining the club this year and the cost of the hotel and prepping the car for a long drive I just don’t see it. It sounds like Carlisle will be a big hit with hopefully all the members that do go and I wish those that do a safe trip.

It won't be the same without you Ert, we are going to miss you.

Hey Rob First of all, Unbelievable but smart money said you were going to get something astronomical done!!!!  As others said Congrats!!! You deserve all the recognition, you worked hard for this. You and all the people of this club who volunteer their time, day in and day out, deserve a bow, and a Thank You!!

Joe, I am working on my car as much as I can, but if she is not done, I am bringing her anyway the way she is. If by any chance she is hung up by the painter, I will bring a car that hasn't been started yet, just to have a Monte there. Like Rob says, its not just about the cars, especially this one. Hope to see you there.

2 hours ago, willie said:

Joe, I am working on my car as much as I can, but if she is not done, I am bringing her anyway the way she is. If by any chance she is hung up by the painter, I will bring a car that hasn't been started yet, just to have a Monte there. Like Rob says, its not just about the cars, especially this one. Hope to see you there.

That's a good plan you have there Willie, you're covered either way.

I did contact Rob & have already booked rooms for the 25, 26, & 27th, so I'll be there. Turns out I had vacation scheduled anyways, so it works out good. I'll just cruise down in the daily car and have to find a place to set some lawn chairs when we get in there. My car is too far from being done with the work schedule we have going on right now, too bad it's not like on TV and it all gets done in an hour.

Really looking forward to it though, plus putting some faces to the names here, that'll be the highlight. Hard to believe, but I just had to renew my membership, it's been over a year here already!

Hey Joe, Yes that is the plan in the distance. lol  But hopefully she will be done, or close to it.

Also glad you will be there, to meet and hang out.  I am with you, TV takes all the fun out of it (LOL)

See you there!!!

• Like 1