Canuck

2021 Western Meet location suggestions

I'm already starting to look into options for the 2021 Western Meet location. In recent years we have a trend of attending the Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC every odd year which has been very popular and holds the record for the top three attended Western Meets (2015, 2017 & 2019). I thought since this year's meet is in the Northwest that we may look at other options for 2021. I would appreciate some input from members regarding an event that we can attend as a meet. Please do not simply post a city/state location, we would like a specific event and location that meets the following criteria:

- Prefer a 2 or 3-day event with some activities, vendors, cruises, etc.
- The event/location must be accessible to a good number of members. The location must be likely to have at least 15 members in attendance.
- It is preferred to have the event in July/August as it is typically easier for more members to attend but June and September events will be considered.
- The event does not have to be huge but it should be enough to try and draw members to drive from a good distance away.
- The event should be well established. Some events are not run well and can cause problems for our meet.

To submit a possible event, please provide the event name, event location, event date, web site link, and other information that might be helpful. It can even be an event we've attended in the past.

As always, I already have a few events in mind but there could be some out there I'm not aware of that would be suitable for a meet.

Thank you!

This event looks awesome! It has a good variety of activities going on over 4 days.

Kruise of Klamath
Klamath Falls, OR
End of June
https://www.kruiseofklamath.org/

Thursday: Cruise to Crater Lake
Friday: Cruise and mini shows
Saturday: Show n shine
Sunday: Poker run

If is isnt broke dont fix it........ lol      make it the top 4 western meet monte turn outs and then 5 and so on...every second year seems to work

Darren

has anyone ever figured out the geographic centre of the club?  I'd love to take a crack at it but would need some data

Cheers

Jason

15 hours ago, Jason said:

has anyone ever figured out the geographic centre of the club?  I'd love to take a crack at it but would need some data

Cheers

Jason

A meet on the middle has been discussed a handful of times over the years. I think the geographic centre for the club was South Dakota.

Here would be a possible Central show. but looks like majority of members have 20 plus hour drives.  probably why it never happened. hmm back to the data........

Annual Clark Classics Car Club Car and Motorcycle Show

Starting date: Sat August, 1st

Always call # confirm
 Event# 605-880-0832

Event Details

Held on Potato Days, 20 different Car and Truck classes including MOTORCYCLE. Registration - 9AM-Noon. Show- Noon- 4pm. PARADE TO FOLLOW SHOW.
Judged Car Show.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies awarded in each class
ALSO: Best of Show, Peoples Choice, Best Paint, Kids Choice

Address : Main Street, Clark Clark SD
Phone : 605-880-0832   (Always call and confirm events.)

Email Address : moparmuscle1972@gmail.com

Web Address : http://www.facebook.com/ClarkClassicsCarandMotorcycleShow
Admission Fee : $10 Pre-Registration. $15 Day of Show

It's not in Canada or way out west on the coast, and most area Monte owners are not the most active, or even members (I try!!!) but I might suggest the 3-day Good Guy's event in Loveland Colorado, normally scheduled for the 2nd week in September. Very nice venue with "walk-around-bare-foot-grass" and close, local lodging. Plenty of local cruise events and "Cars & Coffee" stuff around the area before and after the G-G weekend. Also, it is after Labour Day weekend so the majority of the "Caravans" (British term) are, thankfully, off the nearby mountain roads. Estes Park, "Booooooooulder", Golden. Cheyenne, Nederland, Laramie and Black Hawk are nice 60 to 90 minute drives away.  Bring ear plugs to isolate yourself from the endless Denver Bronco media B.S. that time of the year!

On 5/8/2020 at 9:06 AM, Jason said:

Here would be a possible Central show. but looks like majority of members have 20 plus hour drives.  probably why it never happened. hmm back to the data........

Starting date: Sat August, 1st

Always call # confirm
 Event# 605-880-0832

Event Details

Held on Potato Days, 20 different Car and Truck classes including MOTORCYCLE. Registration - 9AM-Noon. Show- Noon- 4pm. PARADE TO FOLLOW SHOW.
Judged Car Show.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies awarded in each class
ALSO: Best of Show, Peoples Choice, Best Paint, Kids Choice

Address : Main Street, Clark Clark SD
Phone : 605-880-0832   (Always call and confirm events.)

Email Address : moparmuscle1972@gmail.com

Web Address : http://www.facebook.com/ClarkClassicsCarandMotorcycleShow
Admission Fee : $10 Pre-Registration. $15 Day of Show

I like the idea of getting everyone together in the middle but the opinion by the club has always been that the attendance would be poor for the reason you noted. I appreciate the suggestion but the Western Meet will never be that far East. If a member in the midwest wants to try to get something going for an additional Midwest meet the club certainly encourages it. I know a member set up a meet in Nebraska a couple years ago with a small attendance but not enough to make it an official annual meet. Until we see more consistent member engagement/activity in that area I don't believe an official meet will occur there. Note that I had to organize a few unofficial meets out West to show that there was good possibility of consistent attendance before an official Western Meet was even considered.

3 hours ago, 72Ragtop said:

It's not in Canada or way out west on the coast, and most area Monte owners are not the most active, or even members (I try!!!) but I might suggest the 3-day Good Guy's event in Loveland Colorado, normally scheduled for the 2nd week in September. Very nice venue with "walk-around-bare-foot-grass" and close, local lodging. Plenty of local cruise events and "Cars & Coffee" stuff around the area before and after the G-G weekend. Also, it is after Labour Day weekend so the majority of the "Caravans" (British term) are, thankfully, off the nearby mountain roads. Estes Park, "Booooooooulder", Golden. Cheyenne, Nederland, Laramie and Black Hawk are nice 60 to 90 minute drives away.  Bring ear plugs to isolate yourself from the endless Denver Bronco media B.S. that time of the year!

I appreciate the suggestion but that location may be a little too far East for a Western Meet. This year's location in Bigfork, MT is the furthest East we have had a Western Meet and I don't imagine we'll get much further inland than that. There has been some thought of a possible Utah location over the years but it always comes back to the anticipated attendance being too low to host an official Western Meet. For the meets we have to consider what the likely attendance numbers will be and will not be able to get to all areas as a result. I sure hope you can attend a meet some day as they are a fantastic time. I see that this year's location is over 900 miles away from you which I realize not everyone has the ability to travel that far for a meet.

Aaron, please post the numbers and places WM's have been. I think you will find that the more northern meets get more participation than going south west. If we do get a vast more participation staying PACNOR West, then the Penticton it should be. 

Kevin

1 hour ago, KWick_70MC said:

Aaron, please post the numbers and places WM's have been. I think you will find that the more northern meets get more participation than going south west. If we do get a vast more participation staying PACNOR West, then the Penticton it should be. 

Kevin

Yes, you are correct. The further North we go the attendance is much better. See my link below for stats.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19342-western-meet-statistics/

Due to the 2020 meet being cancelled the 2021 location will be Bigfork, MT.

You can certainly send me a private message regarding any suggestions for future meet locations.