trim mldg clips

willie

• 2 months later...

was looking for the clips myself as i am doing a repaint

did you end up finding something suitable?

whats the likelihood that some of the original clips can be reused?

i see the clip kits are rather expensive

Hey Pat I bought the set Tom suggested, I will use most of them. I still have some of my OEM stuff that I do plan on using also.  Yes on ebay they are selling clips but crazy prices. Look up the parts place you should find what you need there, they have most of the clips. Except for the 72 rear trim. Like Tom stated, no one makes that clip. I had a parts car that I will use the clips from to finish this car.

thanks guys

i am using the opg catalog for reference, so just to clarify....

i see the "rocker molding clip retainers 22pc kit " $60

and

"body side molding clips 70-72 lower"  $75 for the set

am i correct in understanding that even the sets dont include the clips for the tail panel trim/rear trim (the bottom rear trim piece with the marker light between the back of the rear wheel and the rear bumper?)

Yes Pat if I am not mistaking, those 2 kits cover everything on the sides of the car. Body side mldg covers all 10 pcs. And the rocker mldg kit covers the long trim on the bottom on both sides. If you have a '72 they do Not make the plastic clips for the 3" trim under the trunk lid from side to side.    Maybe someone else can chime in on this to confirm but I think this to be true.

I never found any for the rear 72 trim and I tried for 6 months. I ended up using four end clips to attach that trim which could be made easily. Thin metal strip with a 10/24 bolt/stud welded in the center. I have done this when I worked in a body shop years ago.

ok so the 72 trim with unavailable clips is the piece running horizontally at the base of the trunk?

all other body trim clips are available 70-72?