Deni2nd

Boxing the Frame to stiffen it?

Asking for opinions on boxing the frame in to stiffen it. Is it a good idea or a waste of time? Is there any reasonable priced kits? I have seen some but very pricey. 

I've never installed one but it seems like it would probably stiffen it up a lot. If I was going to build a pro-touring car I'd likely buy steel and make my own.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, Deni2nd said:

Asking for opinions on boxing the frame in to stiffen it. Is it a good idea or a waste of time? Is there any reasonable priced kits? I have seen some but very pricey. 

Hi Don, is there a specific reason you would be after boxing in the frame ? The convertibles and el camino's have boxed in frames for two obvious reasons with one being a convertable folding top and loss of body strength from a roof line thats not solid. and the el camino for it being in a truck catagory and adding weight in the rear...

are you resto moding the Monte or ?

Darren

Thanks for replying 

I was under the impression that the frames had a tendency of being a little spongy and adding stiffeners by boxing in the frame couldn’t hurt.  Now would be the time to do it

D5932CE1-6A12-438D-9E98-7D95259B6203.jpeg

44D91E3D-F0E7-4508-BF7A-04BE8510ABDA.jpeg