Quarter Window Question

Katman

Does anyone know where I can get the seal that goes along the edge of the quarter window between the glass and the chrome end piece that slides onto it (not the seal that slide onto the chrome vertical piece but the piece that actually seals it against the quarter window edge?  I'm replacing the quarter window glass and reusing the chrome piece but when I took it off the old glass the seal inside the chrome piece fell apart?  I'll post a picture if need be but it is not the rubber seal that slides into the chrome piece.  I already have replacements for that.

Hey. That trim seal can be gotten from almost any GM  parts place. It's the same seal for any A-body GM. Cutlass, Skylark, LeMans/GTO, Chevelle.

Leo Konik, ausleys, ground up, opgi, year one, soft seal, etc

But first I would look at the deal Rob Peters has with metro moulded. It's in the General 70-72 Monte Carlo area. 

Hope this helps. 

Mark,

When I installed my new chrome pieces onto my glass I think I was able to use my old ones.  They are just a very thing piece of rubber that goes between the chrome piece and the glass to protect the glass from damage.  I would think if you can find some thin black rubber stock you could use that and then just use a razor blade to cut off the portion that extends past the chrome.  

I could be wrong but I think Tom thinks you are thinking about this piece.    VS3M.jpg

I just looked on Metro Molded website and did not see the rubber you are talking about.  

rob 

Mark, did you see my suggestion about finding some thin black rubber stock and make your own?  Anything protruding from behind the chrome just trim off with a razor blade.

rob

2 hours ago, 71454SS said:

Bicycle tire tube ?

This may be a good suggestion.  I am not sure if it is too thick but it is surely worth a try.

rob

on the chrome piece on the glass between the door and quarter I just used an old bicycle tube and then trimmed off the excess with a razor blade. Been 7 years now and still holding. I had thought about the urethane but the tire tube is a lot easier if they ever have to be removed for anything.