opgi restorparts bumpers

Traveler

Good morning all,

I’m planning or replacing the bumpers on my 71, opgi has front and rear bumpers for a reasonable price.  Has anyone used, or seen them and have an opinion on them?

J

Hey Joseph.

Take a look at tamaraz on eBay. They have a few different bumper manufacturers. I'm looking at the AMD bumpers. Triple chrome plated and the price is cheaper than opgi.

Sometimes you can find the pair, front and rear together as a package from them. 

Good luck!! 

I have a rear bumper from OPGI and the fit is better than I expected. The chrome is not top quality but it is probably as good as they were from the factory.

8E6A4A35-4FFF-4991-A721-93461494453B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Good morning all,

I’m planning or replacing the bumpers on my 71, opgi has front and rear bumpers for a reasonable price.  Has anyone used, or seen them and have an opinion on them?

J

Joe, I can't speak to the quality of OPGI's bumpers as I got my '70 front bumper from AMD (no issues at all).  Maybe you are used to dealing with OPGI but, if not, they are notorious for back-ordering items after you order them online.  If you decide to order bumpers (or anything else) from them, I suggest you call them first and confirm availability.  I have had several unsatisfactory and even unpleasant experiences with OPGI in the past.   But, I haven't done business with them for several years so hopefully things have changed.  Good luck.

39 minutes ago, MCfan said:

But, I haven't done business with them for several years so hopefully things have changed

Not entirely... Their shipping prices are sometimes thru the roof now too, unless you go over the free shipping threshold (which bumpers don't qualify for).

When I got mine from OPGI I picked it up directly so I can't speak to their shipping costs/policy. We happened to be going to Southern California for a family trip in 2017 so my girls had a bumper between them in the SUV all the way home to Canada. I picked up a few other things too which I ordered ahead of time and made sure they had them in stock.

4 hours ago, MCfan said:

Joe, I can't speak to the quality of OPGI's bumpers as I got my '70 front bumper from AMD (no issues at all).  Maybe you are used to dealing with OPGI but, if not, they are notorious for back-ordering items after you order them online.  If you decide to order bumpers (or anything else) from them, I suggest you call them first and confirm availability.  I have had several unsatisfactory and even unpleasant experiences with OPGI in the past.   But, I haven't done business with them for several years so hopefully things have changed.  Good luck.

After looking on ebay at tamraz’s offerings it looks like I can get the front and rear bumper for $250 less than OPGI.  

I replaced the truck lock and the clip that holds the cylinder in has been on back order for almost a month, the rear view mirror took three weeks, the outside mirror gaskets(?) were in stock and took 2 weeks.  Their pricing was not over the top but not cheap.  Then these bumpers were adde to the equation, with shipping they would have cost $200 more then tamraz’s AMD.

Thanks all for the advice.

Lady goes in the shop tomorrow for a new dress(same color green, rechromed trim mirrors etc.) should get her back in 6 weeks(lol).  My painter knows I’m going to Carlisle so we’ll see.  I’ll have the bumpers sent to his shop for install, he suggest that I sale the ones coming off, anyone interested?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Lady goes in the shop tomorrow for a new dress(same color green, rechromed trim mirrors etc.) should get her back in 6 weeks(lol).  My painter knows I’m going to Carlisle so we’ll see. 

Oh, Joe, I've seen this movie before .... and I suspect many other members have as well. We all know from watching Counting Cars and Overhaulin' that it doesn't take 6 weeks to do a professional paint job (nor would I want one done in two days).  I gave my painter 6 full months (while I was away at my summer home) and he dicked around 5 months and three weeks before I rode him so hard he finally pulled it together.  His "helpers" dented my halo top trim in numerous places, but by then, I was out of runway to have anything fixed before I left for the National Monte Carlo mini-meet in Kissimmee, FL. 

I suggest you drop in at least once a week to be sure he is making steady progress, especially if you had to pay him anything in advance.  Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking at a front bumper for my car.

The AMD number is 100-3671, when I search for it on Ebay, seller Tamraz comes up but the 100-3671 is noted as "other part number" and it says made in Taiwan. It also has the Goodmark number.

Is the AMK bumper US or Taiwan made?

Is what Tamraz selling the AMK version?

Meanwhile, I just learned on the Chevelles Forum that Goodmark has two bumper grades, Asian import and a US made version that's much better. Same part number but the US made one has an "A" at the end. It's $274 shipped on Ebay.

goodmark.JPG