Hooker Stainless BBC Headers

201fireman

If you keep them,  you may want to consider having  them Jet-Hot coated. Great finish and guaranteed for life. You can do anything you want to do to them and jet hot will refinish them for free , for life !

Like mentioned are they new out of the box?

Sure look like they went through a heat cycle on a vehicle although what I can see (or can't see) is no scuff marks on the bolt holes from being mounted.

Yes, they are brand new. I took them out of the box 20 minutes before I shot the pictures.  I ordered one pair, they came in and the box was totally smashed to crap and taped up. I pulled them out and they looked like this so I returned them thinking they were used and returned.  Then they sent me another pair and the box looks perfect and this is what they look like again. 

Does jet-hot coating prevent this and do they jet-hot coat just stainless or any header?  If I don't do the coating what's the best way to polish them?

Jet-Hot can coat any type of header, Fantastic results. Jet-Hot coatings will not turn any color . They have many colors to choose from and they have what they call their Chrome finish. Looks great and holds up for life

They discolored from being welded to the flanges. Stainless discolors much more than mild steel. You could go at them with maroon or gray scotchbrite but more than likely they will just turn dark brown anyway. 

I would prefer stainless over coated mild steel but that would just be personal preference. I have had both and from my experience eventually the coating starts to fail. If you do end up getting a set of steel headers just make sure you test fit them prior to sending out for coating. That way you can do any necessary clearance work prior to coating.