Need seat foam recommendation....

70chev

Hey Everybody!

I just ordered my new cloth seat covers from legendary. However, there are a lot of options out there for seat foam. Which is the best? Also, there are ones that say “with springs” or “with out springs” for the front bench.

Is there seat foam for the rear seat? Mine does not really seem to have any...... 

Any help on this would be much appreciated. My car is an early build (September 1969) if that makes any difference. 

Thank you,

Wayne

Hi Wayne.

I got the rear seat kit and front seat foams and cloth covers, I have buckets, from legendary. They have the best foam for front seats. They also make the foam for the bench seat also. 

IMG_0550.JPG

Your year would use cotton batting in the rear seats I believe.  For my rear seats with Legendary covers I'm using 2" firm HR foam for the bottom and 1" medium HR foam for the back.

Firm foam (#41282): http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Foam/HR_Foam_Sheets/Foam_Firm_HR_4128/index.html

Medium foam (#33191): http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Foam/HR_Foam_Sheets/Foam_Medium_Firm_HR_3319_-_Best_Seller/index.html

This is the only good photo that I have, I'm using covers for a 1970 and the frame for a 1971 so there's nothing holding it for part of the rear edge.  That's why it bows up a bit on each side.

zZtrHiR.jpg

The 2" foam is a real pain, you'll need somebody compressing the foam to get the covers into place.  I used zip ties in each spot that I was going to hog ring the covers, then we could push down on the foam and tighten each zip tie a bit at a time.  You'll also need some muslin or cotton glued to the foam to keep it in place before the cover goes on.