Just an FYI. A little extra never hurts

714024SPEED

As I am sure we all know about the virus that is going around. I just want to say that living in N.Y. that here things are starting to get real. Never thought that TP would be so important to people ! Each day when I travel to Manhattan to work less and less people are in the city. To make a long story short start getting the things you may need now before the panic buying starts near you. You can always donate food if you don't use it or help someone else that doesn't have any. Here's a couple of pictures I took while shopping yesterday with my brother empty shelves everywhere. Everyone be safe and healthy .God bless

KIMG1145.JPG

KIMG1147.JPG

KIMG1149.JPG

It's like that on the entire opposite end of the state here too, Kevin. Couldn't find a roll of TP at Walmart or any of the other large supermarkets to save your a**, lol. I usually go to Save-a-lot (small grocery chain) and they had plenty. They showed 2 hour lines at some grocery stores on the news yesterday here too.  No cases of C.V. tested here yet, but they're shutting everything down just the same.

Same thing here in central ny no known cases but people are buying stuff up as fast as they put it on shelf's. I have to venture out to store today myself. I've been laid up with back issues since Tuesday. We'll see whats left lol Stay healthy everyone.

Ive prepped for many a hurricane so the hysteria is normal around here lol. But I saw them sitting 4 deep in the gas line the other day, where are you going to go? I saw a quote the other day that TP is the equivalent to plywood for hurricanes. The media IMHO is responsible for the panic, flooding the airwaves with hype, of course thats nothing new 

Kinda funny. I let my daughter go to Costco to get water, soda, tp, and paper towels for the shop. She said some were hoarding cases of Lysol and toilet paper while wearing masks and gloves. I don't get it. It's a cold. Your body will either beat it or you will need to hit the doctor. Getting over the flu that I have been dealing with for six or so weeks. 

4 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

Its ridiculous. Total mind control 

Not sure where the mind control comes in.  

rob

This is not something that the Media has created.  When the World Health Organization and the United States Center for Disease Control are on board with how serious this virus is I feel the more we know the better off we are.  The Media did not cause many colleges, many public and private schools to close.  The Media did not force the NCAA, NHL, NBA and other sporting venue's to suspend or cancel seasons.  The Media did not close all NYC Broadway shows to shut down.  The Media did not stop live TV shows to go on without audiences.  I agree that some people are over reacting by buying up toilet paper and water and other disposable items but that is what happens when something bad happens like hurricanes, huge snow storms and the like happen.  

When a major snow storm is predicted the first thing that people run to the store to buy is toilet paper, milk and bread, it is just what people do.  It is people that do this, the Media does not tell them "OMG, run to the store and buy up everything you can".

This virus is a very serious thing, especially for people my age.  I may also be more likely to catch it due to some health issues.  Now, if you will excuse me I have to run out and find some toilet paper, no I am not going to panic buy toilet paper, I am running very low.

rob

• Like 2

I think Rob is 100% correct. I posted this on here to my Monte Carlo family so that people know how serious this can become fast. As an old time prepper once said " A prepper is called crazy until something really happens then he is called selfish because he has what everyone needs" 

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this isn't a serious situation and responsible news reporting isn't needed. But at least around here the local news IMHO misses the mark on the responsible part. And in no way am I criticizing Kevin for posting his original post.

I don't consider myself a prepper but maybe I am lol. Living in hurricane land when the 1st storm forms in the atlantic I go through my checklist and check my pantry and such. So i'm not sitting in gas lines miles long 2 days before the storm hits or avoiding fights in parking lots. 

And yes I bought TP when I was at BJ's two weeks ago and clorox wipes and such also because I had coupons lol. Its not like they aren't going to get used and I don't think there is an expiration date. 

Prepping for a rainy day is a great thing.. and  They if you live in the coastal areas a must..But these goobers Running out in a panic to buy everything at one time is the worst thing people can possibly do it just causes more chaos... especially with this situation.

This is not a hurricane where power may be out for weeks..  Everyone's panic buying of basic necessities just makes others have to do without.  That's where I blame the gloom and doom on the TV..  I couldn't tell you the last time I made a point to watch the news.

No offense but at least with a storm you know when it's coming ,how strong it will be and about when it will be over. I live on an Island that is 8miles wide and 16 miles long with 500 k people and we are being told that up to 80%of us WILL get sick from this. We had zero cases last week and as of last night 4 people are dead,so yes I have been stocking up to keep my family safe from getting sick. I don't feel that I am being selfish it's called being prepared for a different kind of storm an invisible one. Thanks for letting me vent .everyone be safe

Just to add to previous, thoughts and prayers to everyone. BJ's put limits on the essentials, bottled water and such, which I have no problems with.

I will say in my limited outings to the grocery store most of the public has been courteous and good natured, sort of restores my faith in humanity during hard times. 

45 minutes ago, DragCat said:

"most of the public has been courteous and good natured, sort of restores my faith in humanity during hard times." 

Its anytime a crisis occurs-be it 9/11, climatic, or in this case biological  it brings out the best and worst in people-it has a way of pulling the veil back to expose each individuals true colors and character...most people are as you stated-however, scams that prey on the elderly,price gouging(think $80.00 bottle of hand sanitizer) etc....always pop up,   reminding us that absolute evil always exists next to absolute good .   what the penance for such evil is rests above my labor grade...although like most of you I have some creative ideas...thankfully  that lady known as karma is noted for keeping impeccably good records...

In the state of New York, if you try to return items for credit during this time of crisis you will be turned away. So, for all the TP, and other items that has been bought, I hope that they GIVE it away as needed.