door panel carpets

so i purchased new carpets for the bottom of my door panels. I bought them from OPGI. I want to replace them however I have no idea how to do so. It appears that they are glued on the cardboard and in some spots stapled. I was wondering if anyone has replaced them out before and what is the easiest and most effective way to do it without damaging the cardboard. Also, I planned on using 3M adhesive to reattach them. Of course I appreciate you expertise and experience of the club. Thanks in advance for the help

I bought the lower panel carpet and the floor carpet from opgi. they both look great. If we make it the GM nationals (provided they don't cancel...fingers crossed) I can't wait to show you the difference. My interior is going to be so different.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have replaced the door carpet with fabric. But have never replace with new carpet. First you need to remove the chrome divider. I did this by using a screwdriver to lift up the pointed prongs on the back side. After that is done you can pull that chrome pc straight up and out. I just pulled and lifted the old carpet off. The door pocket is sewn in place. I used fabric and did not have to sew the pocket back in place. I used a 3m spray glue to attach the fabric to the panel. I'm no expert so I don't know how much help this will be. I have a few pics. The first pics are of an old door panel with the chrome divider removed. The last few pics are of my son's 72 door panels with the new fabric I attached. This was my first attempt at doing this. 

20200325_170059_resized.jpg

20200325_165945_resized.jpg

20200325_165920_resized.jpg

20200325_165441_resized.jpg

20200325_165407_resized.jpg

20200325_164951_resized.jpg

20200325_164925_resized.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That helps a lot. I was looking for a panel that wasn't in a good condition to disassemble however it looks like I tossed out my supply of tired interior parts. My wife calls me a hoarder as it is. I appreciate the pictures. I will update with my own when this process starts. 

• Like 1