350 4 speed from Florida

Hello All,

Does anyone know about the beige 350 4 Speed that came out of Florida? I have the binder and it has some first generation Monte Carlo club cards in it. I just picked it up at the Mecum Auction here in Glendale, AZ. Figured this would be a good place to ask that question. 

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, Kevin, I know the "builder" and have driven the car.  The 350 was modified and the body re-painted in 2009 when owned by Allen Moledor who lived in Lehigh Acres, FL at the time.  I don't know where he lives now but I can probably get you in touch with him if you want. 

I saw the car soon after it was "finished" at a "Toys-for-Tots" car show at Muscle Car City in Punta Gorda, FL around Christmas of 2009 (see photos below).  It is a very memorable car for me because it was the first time I knew that GM actually installed a 4-speed in any first gen Monte.  It was the car that started my journey back to owning two '70 Montes, one a 402 4-speed (that I still have) and also a 454 SS that I sold last summer.

Allen was the one who showed me a green-banded computer printout of GM production numbers (in the back of the three-ring binder he carried in the trunk) that showed only 80 350 4-speeds were built in '71.  Of course, he also told me that some 402 4-speeds were built in '70 which immediately began my search for one.  I did consider buying his '71 and went with my wife down to Lehigh Acres to check it out and drive it.  Allen thought the modified 350 (355 with overbore) put out around 375 hp and it sure felt that strong when both he and I drove it.  He was asking $21k for it ten years ago which I felt was too strong for the market and actually bought my '70 402 4-speed for considerably less about a month later.  The car has probably received some TLC and upgrades since then but at that time there were issues with the dash and other non-'71 trim that turned me off.

I used to see Allen at car shows in North Ft Myers and may have been the one who gave him the FGMCC cards.  I seem to remember that the car left Florida for Wyoming several years ago and I don't know were it's been since but I am absolutely certain it is the same car I took several photos of at the 2009 car show in Punta Gorda.  I will include some of those photos and you can probably confirm its identity.  Let me know if you have any questions although there probably aren't many specifics I will remember after ten years. It sounds like you may have received Allen's three-ring binder with the car - please let me know if it still contains those production number computer print-outs as they could be very useful to our club.  Thanks and enjoy your new ride!

P1010048.JPG

P1010055.JPG

P1010053.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

P1010054.JPG

P1010051.JPG

P1010052.JPG

5 hours ago, Arizona Kevin said:

Thank you!! Well it is in Arizona. Do you know if he put on the rear moldings? 

I believe he did.  Although I didn't recognize it at the time, the '72 rear trim clearly shows in one of the photos I took in late 2009 and Allen told me the dash came out of a '72 so he may have had access to a '72 donor car.  If I remember correctly, the first owner was a lady on the east coast of FL who kept it original but I don't know how many other owners may have been involved before Allen got it.  I don't think the black interior was all original '71 either.  At least the seat covers were somewhat fuzzy and he apologized that they had a lot of his dog's hair all over them at the time I drove it.  I got the impression that he bought the car to fix up and flip - which is what he continued to do with other muscle cars after he sold the Monte.

From the photos both you and Aaron posted, it doesn't look to me like the car has changed much in the past ten years.  It is a sharp looking Monte for sure - love the Gobi Beige ('70) or Covert Tan ('72) color - not sure what the original color was.  And with a 4-speed behind that healthy 355, it has to be a blast to drive.  Enjoy!!

49 minutes ago, MCfan said:

I believe he did.  Although I didn't recognize it at the time, the '72 rear trim clearly shows in one of the photos I took in late 2009 and Allen told me the dash came out of a '72 so he may have had access to a '72 donor car.  If I remember correctly, the first owner was a lady on the east coast of FL who kept it original but I don't know how many other owners may have been involved before Allen got it.  I don't think the black interior was all original '71 either.  At least the seat covers were somewhat fuzzy and he apologized that they had a lot of his dog's hair all over them at the time I drove it.  I got the impression that he bought the car to fix up and flip - which is what he continued to do with other muscle cars after he sold the Monte.

From the photos both you and Aaron posted, it doesn't look to me like the car has changed much in the past ten years.  It is a sharp looking Monte for sure - love the Gobi Beige ('70) or Covert Tan ('72) color - not sure what the original color was.  And with a 4-speed behind that healthy 355, it has to be a blast to drive.  Enjoy!!

OK, that makes scene. build sheet is Nevada silver with a black vinyl top. I do not like the molding on the back. i will remove that and fill the holes in time. i can live with the dash. 

nice car  amazing story/history  my 71 has the trim above the bumper  was looking close over the weekend looks like somebody went through a lot of work to put this on  never tried to decode vin or trim tag  have been asked about it just wondering if this is something chevy did late 71 early 72

That sure is a unique very nice looking monte...the hardtop,color combo,and of course 4 speed all add up to super nice...and while she's   made the rounds ,it has been carefully looked after all along the way-as it should be!!  congrats on being the next "protective guardian"                

I'm sur the original owner would be very pleased-    and above all, ENJOY!!

So does anyone have a picture of what the car looked like before it was painted by chance?

I  Remember a 71 350 4 speed for sale at the auto fair in 08-09. Same color,.beige. but needed paint.