Aftermarket gauges

DragCat

Ok, 2 part question here, I'm installing a water temp and oil pressure gauge and i'm looking for the easiest and cleanest way to get power to the gauges.

Part 1 is for the bulbs that illuminate the gauges so I can see them at night, so tapping into the lights somewhere.

Part 2 is for the "electrical" water temp gauge, I need to get power when the ignition is in the run position. 

I'd like if possible to not have to pull the dash out to wire these in. 

Mark, just hit up your fuse box and look for the spud terminals. There's three. One for constant power, one for keyed power, and one next to the baby 5 amp fuse for yur dash lights. Personally, I run my gauges key power for illumination as well, but its a matter of preference. Just means the lights work as I start it up.

5 hours ago, Andy's Auto said:

Mark, just hit up your fuse box and look for the spud terminals. There's three. One for constant power, one for keyed power, and one next to the baby 5 amp fuse for yur dash lights. Personally, I run my gauges key power for illumination as well, but its a matter of preference. Just means the lights work as I start it up.

Thanks Andy, that seemed like the obvious direction but as someone once said the only stupid question is the one not asked. I figured someone here had to have done it before 

• Like 1