throttle cable to gas pedal

dyermullet

I searched but can't find anything.

Does anyone have a picture of how the stock style throttle cable connects to the gas pedal?  The pedal doesn't have a slot, I don't understand how the cable attaches when you can't hook it onto the pedal. 

Cable was all screwed up on the car when I bought it so I replaced it with a lokar.  Seems like the lokar are only for show cars.   I close to daily drive the car, the inner cable wore into the outer and keeps causing the throttle to hang open.   I was able to get the lokar to work from dissemble it,  install the outer then thread the inner cable through the pedal, then through the outer jacket.

I bought a new factory style cable and bought a new split plastic retainer https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-79-GM-Accelerator-Throttle-Cable-Lock-Ring-Retainer-at-Gas-Pedal-arm-403929/201333056091?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Once I take the Lokar cable out of the pedal I am committed to replacing because can never get the inner back into the outer.   It's my only running/driving car at the moment so don't want to take it apart until I know i can get it back together.

Ez pz.  Doesn't the new stock cable assy have the nylon retainer already?

If it does, Take the split plastic/nylon retainer off the stock cable. If not, Insert the stock cable through the eyelet/hole on the stock gas pedal. Install the retainer back/onto the cable and snap it into the gas pedal and then pull cable tight. Installed!  This is after snapping the cable from the engine side onto the firewall . Hope this helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get the cable changed out yesterday evening.  Turns out the nylon retainer was still in the pedal.  I knew the hole in the pedal wasn't big enough, that is because the retainer was still in place.   Good thing I bought a new one because the old retainer disintegrated when I removed it.

• Like 1