No Power To Compressor

Andy's Auto

In an effort to make my 71 more 71ish, I pulled my dash pad and center vents to get my ac wiring right. Problem was before I gave up on fixing it (did two years with MIL breast cancer living with me), if I plugged the ground into high blower relay, fan blew on high speed and would not shut off. Has some rigging going on but it turned out to be a bad blower switch. Found one in my Hoarders Trailer and that works good. I had a jumper from compressor switch on the center of control panel to the dark blue under hood going to thermal switch on the RH side of evap case. Compressor engaged as soon as I turned the mode lever on.

I cut out that wire and reattached the tan wire  that I believe is the hot wire to thermal switch. It lights up when I move the mode lever but not under the hood which is dark blue. It's a bit congested under that dash but I cannot find where the tan wire goes to. Diagram shows a replay switch but can't find it anywhere on my car.

Any ideas?

67108554_10217644784625462_7023849061857886208_n.jpg

On 3/26/2020 at 7:17 AM, Andy's Auto said:

In an effort to make my 71 more 71ish, I pulled my dash pad and center vents to get my ac wiring right. Problem was before I gave up on fixing it (did two years with MIL breast cancer living with me), if I plugged the ground into high blower relay, fan blew on high speed and would not shut off. Has some rigging going on but it turned out to be a bad blower switch. Found one in my Hoarders Trailer and that works good. I had a jumper from compressor switch on the center of control panel to the dark blue under hood going to thermal switch on the RH side of evap case. Compressor engaged as soon as I turned the mode lever on.

I cut out that wire and reattached the tan wire  that I believe is the hot wire to thermal switch. It lights up when I move the mode lever but not under the hood which is dark blue. It's a bit congested under that dash but I cannot find where the tan wire goes to. Diagram shows a replay switch but can't find it anywhere on my car.

Any ideas?

67108554_10217644784625462_7023849061857886208_n.jpg

What do you mean by replay? Anyhow, I got you. You already have the dash pad out and the center vent. Go ahead and destroy that 49 year old vent tube that goes from the manifold to the rh vent. On that center brace is your ac replay. Connect the light blue terminal to the dark  blue terminal  and you will have power to the thermal switch on the evap case.

Now get off the internet and do the new stereo.