pics needed

Hey everyone, I need a pic for my 72 of how the wires are routed thru the cab for 1) rear view map light, goes down drivers A pillar into What?

2) wires for the seat belt warning light, I know what one goes where, I need to know how and where it is mounted on the floor of the car?

3) also the main harness to the rear seat mounting panel, I need the routing and mounting to the trunk for the harness and the speaker wires?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Hey Willie, 

I think the map light wire goes through the pillar and to the ACC terminal on the fuse block. You may need a fuse and pigtail for other accessory items.

Not sure of the others. 

Mike

Hey Willie, 

Driver's A pillar for the map light.

The other wires follow the slight channel on the driver's floorboard.

The wires run under the seat/rug approximately under the driver's butt. Lol. To the back seat. 

Actually, go to the What did you do to your Monte today thread in this section and go to last page. There is a pic of the wire harness.  Lol just saw it. 😁

Hey Guys, I don't have the car here, its at the interior shop, so I cant take pics.

Mike, and Kevin If I remember correctly all 3 of those slots are full but I do remember there is 1 orange leed with no end on it of the 3 wire (blue) plug. so that's where I will attach it to.

Tom, Yes I seen that post. I have that already there. Question is (not in the pic) where the white leed T's off for seat belt warning light (3 plug ends) 1) drivers seat belt (left side) 2) pass seat warning switch. 3) pass side seat belt (right side). How and where is this white wire (running across car body) attach to the car?

Also that pic shows the main harness in the car but does not show how it goes through the seat mounting panel at the end by the trunk for the wiring to the rear lights harness. And how is the speaker wires run and attached on the other side going through the seat mounting panel.   

I would like to see a pic so I don't route it incorrectly and then pinch the wires when installing the seats and interior.

Thanks to All of you guys

15 hours ago, 714024SPEED said:

Hi Willie Map light runs down drivers A Pillar and plugs in the Batt slot (blue plug)seen in picture hope this helps

KIMG0923.JPG

Not wanting to steal the thread, but is the fuse box on a 72 the same as a 70 ? I was looking for a diagram (like below) since most of my lettering has worn off and I couldn't find online or in the shop manual I have.

FUSE.jpg

Hey Mark, I am not sure if the fuse panel for the 70 is the same as the 72. I have a 72 and these pics show what it is mine. I also checked my 71 and they are also the same as these pics.

Willie, rear speaker and defroster blower wires go under the carpet on the passenger side, unprotected.

The wire channel on the driver's side only has the rear body harness in it.

If you have the interior out, it wouldn't hurt to add a few 12 gauge wires to the wire channel for future stuff.