Cooling System Flow

201fireman

I am finishing up my SBC to BBC swap.  I have a Meziere electric water pump.  It does not have the heater hose  tap on top like the mechanical one did.  Where do I run the heater hoses to?  I am guessing one would go where it did before, on the top front right of the manifold, but the other one??? Is there a diagram anywhere that shows the cooling system and how it flows? 

I just found out that I can send the return line that used to go to the water pump, to the upper right corner of the radiator if I have the extra bung on it... which I happen to have on my new radiator!  I love it when a plan comes together.

sum-380457_w.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty sure the 88-95 Silveraydo bolt right in and have that nipple. I missed the Wisconsin thing. In South Florida, heat is for getting the dew off the windshield 66 days a year. If you leave for work before dawn. I almost never have to fix heaters down here.

Not sure I would use it alot.  The feed from the manifold to the heater core is a 5/8". The return from the core to the water pump (or now to the radiator bung) is a 3/4", but the bung is a 5/8".  Think it makes a difference which way the coolant flows through the core? I am thinking about swapping the lines so the 5/8" runs back to the radiator bung.