Where do I get this?

zmanabba

Replacing the inner rear wheel wells on my 70. This is a picture of an insulating material on the outer wheel well that will contact the quarter panel. I've done Google searches and I can't come up with anything. I might not be using the correct search terms when I did the other side years ago I did it with used parts and I just re used the old one. Not possible this time. I'm going to try the paint store on Monday. Provided that they are open. What have you guys used?

1585516449439405388579182663136.jpg

Thank you for replying! I'm not doing a concourse restoration by any means but I know that GM wouldn't spend the extra money and effort to put it there if it wasn't needed. I'm thinking that it's to keep the 1/4 panel from vibrating against the wheel well going down the road. I just needed something that would last another 50 years

This is the same stuff used between the hood skin and the hood frame. I use Fusor 121 or Fusor 231 for that. Its a flexible foam sound dampening material that allows the panels to expand and contract without causing panel ripples. 

• Like 1

I'm in the process of building a true cowl induction hood for my 71 Monte merging a Chevelle SS hood and the framework with a Monte hood and framework. That's how I determined what the material was. I'll post some pics of the process. I wanted what the factory failed to offer.

• Like 1

I spoke with Goodmark late last year and they said they were working on a Monte Carlo hood with the Chevelle SS cowl. When I spoke with them they said the fenders and hoods could be available in the spring. 

The hoods will be available before the fenders...don't get your hopes up on good fitting fenders,years from now they will be better than nothing.

Hopefully the hood will be OK,  a hood is a part that goes bad ..its such a long piece of steel they get so wavy.  The last few I've worked on although decent hoods.. they required skim coating the entire hood to get straight.