72 grille refinish project

Regmon

Hello everyone hope all is well.

I am looking to refinish the grille on my 72 Monte. I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I would like to keep it stock looking, so if anyone has done this and has any good tips for refinishing or pics of the finished project i would very much like to see them. thanks in advance to any advise or pics you care to post.

Try this link:  

Just a note, McFan included a link to his process but it was in photobucket and photobucket now wants you to purchase an ad blocker to view.

rob

Reginald,

Here's  a direct LINK to a reply I made to a '71 Grill Refurbishing post last year.  I just tried the Photobucket link in that reply and it works for me but there are various ads that pop up.  If you have most any of the ad blockers and overlay removers, you can still click on each individual photo in sequence and scroll up to read the caption below.  Good luck.

16 hours ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Dennis, link led me to blank page on Photo Bucket page on my phone?

Rick,

Both links work fine on my computer so I hope you can access it via computer.  I don't access FGMCC on my phone at all so I don't know that world.  Whatever access problem(s) you are having is/are almost certainly due to Pnotobucket.  They do everything they can to block and frustrate any user who doesn't sign up for their outrageously expensive user licenses.  There are not many companies that I despise but Photobucket is at the very top of the list! 

For many years, while their site was free to everyone, I invested dozens, possibly hundreds, of hours creating and editing photo journals of various first gen Monte Carlo repair and upgrade projects.  Then, they tried to hold my content hostage by forcing me and every potential viewer/user to buy an expensive license.  I have found some free work-arounds for Chrome and also some free ad blockers and overlay removers that allow me to remove enough of their disgusting crap to at least access my various photo journals, but I have long ago stopped creating new journals on their platform.

Looks like you are an I/T guy so hopefully you can figure it out.  My entire career was with IBM but I became technologically obsolete the day I retired 20 years ago!  I find computer/phone/web technology as bewildering and frustrating as anyone!  Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hey Leo, I don't suppose I would know who that grill belongs to by chance would I ?

It sure does look like the one that Advanced plating did for me dropshiped to you and you detailed for me.  

I have sick money in that grill, however it's worth every penny of it !!!

Depends on the pitting in the grill. This one took maybe 3-4 hours of prep and taping. Base clear argent silver.. done. Black spray paint  in the grooves.

This is probably the best used 72 grille I've ever had. Very little Pitting it had. 

20200526_215042.jpg

20200526_215047.jpg