Something Nice To Share

Rob Peters

On Tuesday of this week I got an email from someone named Jeffery asking if I knew how he may find a 1970 Monte he sold back in 2009 prior to being deployed to Afghanistan.  This Monte had been his father's Monte Carlo before it became his.  He really wanted to try to find this car.  He had no VIN but knew it was purchased by a man in Indiana.

I emailed some of our members in Indiana with a description of the car and a few members responded back with some possibilities.  Here is the email I got from Jeffery today.  I would like to thank those who stepped up to help.  What a great response and very fast recovery.  Jeffery has joined the club as of today:

rob

Rob,

You're not gonna freakin' believe this!  Thanks to your help and a little detective work on my part, I tracked the owner down (he bought it from the guy I sold it to in 2009) in Indiana.  And after telling him my story about wanting to get a little piece of my dad back, he agreed to sell me back the car today.  So, sight unseen and on a telephonic handshake, he agreed to receive a wire transfer and ship me the car next week!  I am soooo excited!

Thank you for your assistance and suggestions in tracking it down.  I have already joined the FGMCC and paid my dues.  I have also attached a photo below of me and my son at the Goodguys car show at the Texas Motor Speedway back in 2005.  

Thanks so much for answering my request for help!  I look forward to being a member of the group!

Jeff Stamm

Wow! That's great! I'm glad the members and the club were able to help find it! Spectacular job to everyone involved!!! 

Rob, where's the pic? Lolololol 🤔😁

4 days, amazing unexpected turnaround on something like this.  I am glad it worked out and our members were able to come through like this.

rob