Son's first Monte

Laughing at the "out of stock" in your personal warehouse's lol. I liked the linked part over the more expensive Holley 20-112 part or the cheaper priced Summit part. I have a buddy stopping by today, he thinks he has something in stock that will work so we will see. 

Sorry to say, WE have alot of "in stock"  parts n stuff in stock. Lolol Too many years of doing this stuff. Lolol. Buying, selling, and the best.... Trading. 

Good luck with your friends "in stock" parts. 😁

7 hours ago, willie said:

Hey Mark, I also laugh at that but its true (been there seen that). They have all the right stuff!!!   

Thanks Guys

Yea I know willie, I just get a kick out of seeing it when posted. I don't think my buddy has one in his stock room, will know for sure tomorrow. 

Ok. Finally got the engine sorted out. It had the incorrect rocker arms on it and 2 pushrods were gouged out the guide plates from intake bolts being too long.

He also decided to install front drilled and slotted rotors with matching brake pads from power stop.

It has a Pete Jackson gear drive in it. (not by us) so it sounds like it needs power steering fluid. Lolol for some reason the video will not upload. 

On 5/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, 714024SPEED said:

I got mine for my Firebird  off eBay because his son took the "in stock one" lol ,think it was a little cheaper than summit. Here it is installed, a little long for my liking but works great.

KIMG1256.JPG

KIMG1257.JPG

Thanks guys, appreciate the info and pictures. I installed mine this weekend and yes Ez Pzy. I'm still cleaning up the little things but its all progress.

Bracket.jpg

• Like 2

Looks Good, funny how those little things irk us lol. Just like my fuel line issue with the heater hose location, I havent decided weather i'm going to try some Aeroquip lines of just bend and install hard line from the fuel pump. Stuff people will probably never even notice 

I have been loving following this thread.  Nothing better than a Father/Son working/wrenching together and documenting with PICTURES.  Keep up the good work.

rob

• 1 month later...

My son today decided he wanted to strip and paint some old Lakewood slapper bars that came on my 71 402 4speed when we purchased it. 

He wants an old school look. Lolol

They came out very good. 

IMG_20200712_134542.jpg

IMG_20200712_135903.jpg

On 4/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, DragCat said:

Looking good and looks like you've had some nice weather for the job. I forgot what age I realized I didn't know everything but i'm sure it was after 25 lol. 

And just an fyi, every time you say "in stock" I just shake my head and say DAMN ! lol. Then I check the clock to make sure I can open a beer to cry in 

Keep posting progress pic's 

That could be a new drinking game. In stock. Drink

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Ah just some humor. Everyone needs it.  Great work on the kids Monte. Looks awesome

Humor these days is a good thing. I hang with a bunch of chop bustin sarcastic people so its always a good time even when your having not the best day. 

• Like 1

So, my son decided today to swap out the stock 12 bolt axles in his 12 bolt for the newly "in stock" aftermarket Moser axles that were in my 12bolt before the rebuild. 

This was the first time for him working on the rear alone. I was assembling my newly rebuilt 12 bolt.

He did great and was done quickly. Lolol

The weather was HOT!!!

IMG_20200719_125406.jpg

IMG_20200719_145123.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! 

One of todays projects was the changing of the noisy Pete Jackson gear drive for the ole double roller timing chain assy. 

I made myself obsolete. Lolol. I let/had my son do the swap. Was alot easier because he wanted to. Lololol

I shower him some tips and tricks and he did it like he had done hundreds! 

Car is nice and quiet under the hood now and noisy out the butt! Like it should be!!!! Lolol

IMG_20200808_130804.jpg

• Like 2

Not fully Monte related but sorta....

In stock we had a set of weld wheel drag lites. 15x6 and 15x10 with 5 in of back spacing. They have been laying around for years.

My son decided he wanted to use them. He just had them powder coated semi black. Why? Well I will tell ya! Lolol.

His plans are to use dog dish adapters for the weld wheels and install factory dog dishes on his 69 GTO and the aftermarket rims on that to be installed on the Monte. 

Now mind you we had the spacers in stock for years and a set of NOS Pontiac hubcaps also in stock. Now we just need to swap the tires from his rally wheels to these. 

IMG_20200808_114144.jpg

IMG_20200808_114125.jpg

IMG_20200808_114041.jpg

IMG_20200321_124242.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Progress with the wheels and slapper bars for my son's projects. The weld wheels had tires mounted to them and installed on his convertible. The wheels from the convertible are now on the Monte and the slapper bars, we decided to install onto the convertible. The Monte has no traction issues other than it has none. Lol The convertible had mad wheel hop. Not any more lolol 

Both cars have 15x10 with 5.5 backspacing with 275/60 r15 tires on the back. 

IMG_20200822_155205.jpg

IMG_20200822_165244.jpg

IMG_20200822_175807.jpg

IMG_20200822_191808.jpg

IMG_20200822_175801.jpg

IMG_20200822_175754.jpg

• Like 3