Steering column lockout spring?

DragCat

Ok, despite my best efforts to picture and document everything on my disassembly I have no idea where this spring goes. I checked TPP and their steering column lockout doesn't include a spring. When I bag'd and tag'd everything I taped the spring to the shaft its sitting on in the picture. I have no clue, Anybody ?

LockOut.jpg

Yes. That is the lower part, to the transmission back drive. It goes from the transmission selector bracket to the chassis. The spring is in the correct location. There should be a thin washer and a nylon bushing on the chassis side. The nylon bushing goes into the bracket bolted to the chassis. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes. That is the lower part, to the transmission back drive. It goes from the transmission selector bracket to the chassis. The spring is in the correct location. There should be a thin washer and a nylon bushing on the chassis side. The nylon bushing goes into the bracket bolted to the chassis. 

Ok i'm confused. the lower end of the picture rod goes into the "bracket" where the the shifter cable connects with a pin. The piece in the middleish connects to the rod going to the steering column . Where is this thin washer and nylon bushing ?

Thanks Joe, great pic's. I'm hoping the washer and bushing are still in place as I don't recall them falling off when I removed the rod and I don't remember any extra parts on the floor lol. But minor detail, tomorrow is another day 

• Like 1

Well how easy and obvious it is when you know where and what your looking for lol, thanks guys. My rubber bushing was still sitting in the bracket, no washer but I think I can dig one up in the garage somewhere.