Cragar Rim sizes that fit a 1972 Monte Carlo

Hello everyone,

I just joined the club after recently purchasing my first generation 1972 Monte Carlo Custom. Doing some detail work then I’ll post some photos to the site. I want to add classic Cragar rims to the car. Would like deeper looking rims for the back which brings me to my question, what size rims with BF Goodrich tires will fit the car?
Thank you for any help!!

Hey Jeff, looking forward to seeing your Monte pic's. Below is a link from the site to get you started, you can also use the search feature to look for "rims" "tires" as there a bunch of threads depending on your use and how you want the stance to be.

Hey Jeff! Welcome to the club. Awaiting pics of your Monte. You stated you wanted deeper looking rims. Do you want a normal ride height or an old school jacked up look? 

Hey Jeff, while your doing your searching I remembered this thread (couldn't find it the other morning) which at least for me had a very informative comment regarding Back Space and OffSet .

Hello everyone I hope all are trying to keep safe.i have a tire question. I'm running 15×8 rims with a 4.5 inch backpacking.can I put a 275/60/15 tire on that rim without any rubbing issues?the car does have the wheelwell moulding.thanks.

Hey Artie!  We spoke about this already. Lol. Face to face. 

Yes you can run a 275/60r15 with a 4.5 backspace on a 8in rim. On some Montes you may have to slightly trim the inner lip of the quarter panel. Depending on how low your car sits.

I have  275/60r15 bfg drag radials and radial t/a on 15x8 with 4.5 bs rally rims with no issues. 

IMG_20190928_174537.jpg

If you the maximum offset for a 275/60/15 Wheel Vintiqes(?) has rally wheels with a 5"positive offset which will keep that tire away from the wheel lip. I have these on mine ,no rub no matter what.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg Welcome to the Club!!

Thank you 420ponies.i will first try a rear tire from my 71 grand prix as a test.its a 15x8 rim with 4.5 back spacing with a 275/60/15 tire.ill see what happens. Hopefully I won't have to modify or cut any mouldings. If it rubs I'll take your suggestion. Thanks for the warm welcome.long live Monte Carlo nation!