Lower rear a/c bracket header clearance ?

DragCat

Todays issue, GM crate 502 with ARH headers, The lower rear a/c bracket (supposedly oem part # 3969912 from the TPP site) will not clear the headers to bolt to the block. Anybody found a work around for this ? From my eyeball 2 bolts go to the head, 1 behind cylinder 1 and 1 behind cylinder 3. My original bracket (not the oem part # on TPP) will not clear the tube for cylinder 3  so I can bolt to the head. 

I was watching All Girls Garage today during lunch the they were dropping a stroker 383 in a 71 Camaro. Definitely IMHO custom rear brackets but I don't get streaming so I can't rewatch the show lol. season 9 episode 4 . I also did a search and couldn't find anything aftermarket driver side related . And altho they mentioned beating the alt bracket into form they never mentioned the a/c bracket

Just an update, thanks to Joe for finding the below info. Apparently they don't make BBC adapters for the bracket and headers because they want you to modify your existing. I think figure B represents the best fix, might have to do a bit more but i'll update when I get it finished and installed. 

Bracket.jpeg

Figure 'B' is for 68-72 and figure 'C' is for '73 & '74 Chevelles. Instructions were from Hooker Super Comps, but the mods are the same for the regular Comps and a universal 'fix' for most of them probably. Get that saw out and have some fun!

Yea Joe, thats on the schedule for tomorrow lol. Might have to file down by the rear bolt hole like in Fig C and a tad in the arch but we'll see when I get there. I took a silver sharpie to the bracket in the arch area and i'll just trim a little at a time. 

Heres the update, Thanks again Joe for finding the documentation. I took a little from both figure B and C, pic 1 shows where the modifications were, #1 and #2 shows where I cut the bottom of the bracket, letters A-E show where i filed down the bracket arch and corners to clear the header. Pic 2 is looking down at the bracket installed, and pic 3 is taken at a mirror I placed so I could get a good pic at the bottom of the bracket. 

MyCuts.jpg

Top.jpg

Mirror.jpg