Radio Mount to Dash

gdubya

So, the part of the dash the radio mounts to is broken so there is no way connect the radio to the dash. Does someone make a plate to fix this or is my only option to replace the entire dash?

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there a thread that showed how to repair the radio knob area of the dash to accommodate radio installation? I recall seeing a thread some time ago and thought to myself I could have done that instead of replacing my whole dash.

Where about in Fl are you gdubya?

Gerry If you are talking about the cups on the dash, where the radio control arms pass through? Someone does make them. I would try all the Chevelle books. I will check later.  I had bought a set years ago from someone at Carlisle. 

James I do remember something about that, it might of been me because I had to do it to put new cups in mine.

James/Willie

Thanks for the help. If you can find the thread or who makes them please let me know. I want to make dash replacement the last resort.

James - I live in Tampa. 

Here's a link that may apply. It leads to some Chevelle.com posts with input from "Realred70-Dan" as well.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18479-radio-hole-ideas/&tab=comments#comment-190870

The guy who made the plastic cups is Andy Filkins/ Dash Doctor 413-822-1046. This will be an HVAC business #, but it is the correct # to get a hold of Andy. I am not sure if he is still making them, but it is worth a try. Let us know if he was able to help you.

• 2 months later...

i used one of those cups to fix one of holes in the dash that had the original cup cut out.  I also used a bit of JB Weld to secure it tightly to the dash.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone contacted Andy since this was posted?  Is he still selling the repair cups?  I discovered today that I need a set of these as well.  If not, does anyone have a line on something that works?  

Thank you,

Paul