71SS Restoration. Body pulled!

Well guys it looks like I may have some issues with my frame.. I found two areas that were bent. Passenger side frame rail and rear frame left of center (assuming that the center is supposed to be as shown).

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

that tweak on the side is probably somone jacked it up there. the rear is probably from a poorly placed bumber jack or the wrong jack. someone on this group has measurements tou can take to make sure it is not a problem

• Like 1

Nice going. I wish always I see someone lift their Monte off the frame that I should of done that years ago.

Are those yellow rollers from Harbor Freight? Do they work okay?

Carl

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MC-71 said:

Nice going. I wish always I see someone lift their Monte off the frame that I should of done that years ago.

Are those yellow rollers from Harbor Freight? Do they work okay?

Carl

Yes indeed Carl those are Harbor Freight Daytona wheel dollies. After doing a lot of research I found them to be the best value and they work really well. One of the best features is that they have locking casters.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how much the frame weighs? I would like to pull everything off and have it media blasted but I'm not sure how to get it up and out of my garage.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys I'm just giving this post a bump and adding some pictures that are on other posts. This way I can keep things in order. Here is my current status. I had my steering box rebuilt and upgraded to quick ratio gears.

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

• Like 5

Based on the pics you are about the same place as I am. Still waiting on engine and exhaust to button up the frame. All the small stuff takes forever and you’ll see very little progress but know you are getting somewhere. Looks great. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dtret said:

Based on the pics you are about the same place as I am. Still waiting on engine and exhaust to button up the frame. All the small stuff takes forever and you’ll see very little progress but know you are getting somewhere. Looks great. 

Thank you sir! Yes I agree, I ordered my engine in January and am hoping to get it back by the end of the month. I also ordered my headers from ARH  a few weeks ago and they will not be here till mid April.. 

I've been wanting to ask how your engine is coming along? What all are you doing to it?

Dropped off to the machine shop November 9th. Have not heard a word. Same day dropped off the transmission for complete rebuild and got that back 5 days later. Back to the engine. In his defense he said 4 to 6 months so we’re at 4. All I wanted on the engine was a daily driver rebuild using as much stock parts as possible. I take that back I did talk to him once he said he has to bore it because if he put it back together without it there would be slight piston slap. I said bore it and he also talked me into a roller cam and lifters(with the knowledge of the group telling me to do that). That’s all I know so far. But he does have a dyno and he will do all the breakin that  I need minus driving it nice for a few hundred miles. If I need anything else I’m sure he’ll let me know. Hopefully. I ordered my exhaust from Gardner 6 weeks ago but again they said 6-8 weeks. I’m getting antsy. I’m tired of cleaning parts. Although it has to be done. Working on wire harnesses now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on the compressor!  You'll need to turn the bracket on the compressor end around the other way.

I used ARH headers too. They are really great quality. 

Dan

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, overdrive said:

Great job in the compressor!  You'll need to turn the bracket on the compressor end around the other way.

I used ARH headers too. They are really great quality. 

Dan

Thanks Dan! I was wondering how that bracket went. 🤣 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1Bad454 said:

Got my motor dyno'd today! 

IMG_2167.JPG

Damn!  605 PFT @ 4200 and 606 HP @ 6000.  Very well done. Can’t wait to see video of that motor running. 

• Like 1