drip mldg

willie

How do I attach them?  Just had the car painted and the drip mldgs are too tight, someone told me to sand down the top edge before I try to install them. What is the correct way to get them back on? Also how are they reinstalled, tapping with my hand or just forcing them over the lip?     

Tkx

Willie,

I don't know if this will help so I would wait for some others to reply to my suggestion before trying it because I would not want to have this suggestion create an issue for the paint..

Would anyone know if it would hurt the paint if Willie applied a very light coating of silicone lube or petroleum jelly or some other type of slippery stuff such as some kind of wax on the trip contact edge to make them easier to snap into place and then wipe them down afterwords.  

rob 

If it was just painted, most manufacturers will tell you to not wax or seal them for 90-120 days to let the paint still outgas. Probably not an issue where you're thinking of applying it. I'd stay away from anything silicone based, that'll make life easier if you ever need to do any paint work in the future.

Thanks for all the help guys!!! I got them back on with no major problems. I did have to take one off because it wasn't sitting high enough. They were alittle pain but not to bad, had to use the heal of my hand and a few good shots, little at a time but they all snapped on.

Thanks Again