GM A6 compressor

I had three A6 compressors on my 72 and finally went to the S6 compressor 40% lighter and the pistons are Teflon coated. No problems for over four years now. No leakage of any kind. Thought it was low last year but after having it checked it was fine.

When I bought my S6 it came with the Metric bolts so it was basically a plug and play.  I did not have to buy anything extra. I am not sure if they all come that but my chrome one did. I also changed over to 134 Freon 

The a6 compress is not a bad compressor. but after 50 years sometimes it needs more than a front seal. the shaft goes bad and gets pitted. if the compressor has to much axial play it also wont seal. 

On 4/27/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mike Brichta said:

Do you happen to have a vendor and part number of what you bought? I was thinking of switching mine over. Thanks!!

I got the last one that this particular vendor had as they use them on buses and big trucks and this was the only chrome one he had. I could have gotten black but with the price increases he sold me the chrome cheaper than I could have gotten the black one.  I did a google search for S6 air conditioner compressor and Classic Air handles them, Original Air and ACParts.com list them for $320.93 according to google