RIP Don Shula

Rob Peters

I know Don Shula was not Monte, NASCAR or for that matter even car related but he was the winningest coach in NFL history.  

Growing up in Florida when the Miami Dolphins were the only NFL team in the state I followed them.  Don Chula in the only NFL Head coach to complete a season undefeated.  Don was the mastermind of numerous trick plays and was one of the most respected coach in NFL history.  I don't think the Dolphins have had very good seasons since Don left the tam

I watched the Super Bowl this year and he was one of the coaches recognized there and I thought at the time he did not look very good.

Thank you Don Shula for many years of enjoyable football football, may you rest in peace.

rob

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My sister in law used to pick berries with Don as teenagers in Madison Ohio, kept in contact with him til she passed in 2004. 

2 hours ago, yorkies said:

My sister in law used to pick berries with Don as teenagers in Madison Ohio, kept in contact with him til she passed in 2004. 

Neat story Ron.  He was an idol to me.  He was a great coach and it seemed he was loved by his players.

rob