72 Fender bracket

Hello everyone!  I had a few questions/requests if possible. My assembly manual hasn't come yet, so I need some guidance.  I don't have pictures tight now as my phone was dead last night...

There are brackets on the front of the fenders, vertical when installed I believe. I think these are for rad support and fender extension? But not sure. It looks like my passenger side has rotted and lost a piece at the top. Is this for the battery tray?  I'm moving my battery to the rear so I wont need in that case.

I'm just not sure if I can use what's left of mine, or should buy new/used, or fab myself. 

Not sure what you're looking at & I'm locked at work. But, here is a link to a '72 assembly manual I scanned to a .pdf file while at work. This link should let you access & download it.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Akx6H-ABrxUbzEIfJuE5p4QP_VgW?e=HGgBDH

Joe T

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 72RustBucket said:

Hello everyone!  I had a few questions/requests if possible. My assembly manual hasn't come yet, so I need some guidance.  I don't have pictures tight now as my phone was dead last night...

There are brackets on the front of the fenders, vertical when installed I believe. I think these are for rad support and fender extension? But not sure. It looks like my passenger side has rotted and lost a piece at the top. Is this for the battery tray?  I'm moving my battery to the rear so I wont need in that case.

I'm just not sure if I can use what's left of mine, or should buy new/used, or fab myself. 

I have a picture of what you’re asking about 

1A6D3EF4-5BF2-4EE8-9FEC-F97CF4782144.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tttm2 said:

I have a picture of what you’re asking about 

1A6D3EF4-5BF2-4EE8-9FEC-F97CF4782144.jpeg

The part I'm looking for is on the fender itself...I'll get a pic of it later tonight

Are you referring to the bracket on the back of the fender that goes to the firewall? Or the rod on the front corner that goes to the rad support? 

46 minutes ago, tttm2 said:

Here’s some more pictures, maybe they will help 

F6EF0BC5-1BB9-425F-9272-9B7CDFEDFB43.jpeg

A929577A-89F7-491A-B86E-1916E44115B5.jpeg

C733B039-31D4-4985-88E0-10C37395879B.jpeg

In your 2nd picture, on the left with the clip/u nut. That's what I'm missing. 

That’s good, you’re a ways from that by the looks of it, just a note the hood latch is bolted on with 12 point bolts, both on the hood and the rad support. 

Just now, tttm2 said:

That’s good, you’re a ways from that by the looks of it, just a note the hood latch is bolted on with 12 point bolts, both on the hood and the rad support. 

Luckily this just came in, so I shouldn't have trouble finding fasteners, just parts lol.

15889797141676218921082724294474.jpg

And didn’t have the 12 point bolts in it, luckily I have a good sandblast cabinet and cleaned up the originals. Also mine was short of about 10 bolts, again the blast cabinet and por 15

Ok, after playing around with the fenders, and rad support, and studying your pictures...I think what I'm missing might actually be for fender/headlight extension.