drain holes? leave open or plug?

during inspection and cleaning I came across 2 holes at the bottom of the rear quarter panel below the quarter glass level with the frame. Difficult to see but you can feel them, about 1" x 1.5" ovol. Are they left open or should they be pluged. You can't see them from under the car. Didn't find them mentioned in any of the suppliers catalogs. 

Thanks

size looks about right but I think the location is wrong. If I stick my arm down into the door jam vent opening (tight fit) at the bottom towards the inner panel is where I feel the holes. If I put a light on the inside of the frame some light shines through but you can't see the opening.? 

Maybe these pics will give some perspective of where the hole is. You can see the first hole closest to the door jamb support. If it's not those holes than I'm not sure which ones you are referring to!

IMG_20181012_214918739.jpg

IMG_20181123_145854304.jpg

Yes, those holes are supposed to be there and open. I believe they are for letting any water that may get by the outer window felts out of the car by going into the rocker panels and out. Instead of sitting there and/or going into the interior.