F-Body Oil Pan With Dirty Dingo Mounts? Help.

JohnnyC

Are any of you LS-swap guys using Dirty Dingo "Double D" mounts with the f-body oil pan? Dirty Dingo says they don't work out (hits inner tie rod) and to use the Holley 302-2 pan, but I already have the f-body pan (which was hundreds cheaper, too).... And several random google results on forums seem to show the f-body pan is common for our swaps....

It sounds like it should work, since they have a 1" set-back built as well.  I know this topic is beat to death but I've come up short actually finding a Monte that has these two specific parts TOGETHER.

Thanks!

Any specific reason for the Dirty Dingo mounts? I'm running 1" forward (front of engines line up) plates with an F-body pan and have all sorts of clearance due to the crossmember being farther forward than on a Chevelle.

Because I had previously bought them for an S-10 swap instead. 😅

Which mounts are you using, Blackhawk, if you don't mind me asking?  I'd rather buy an f-body pan and another set of mounts than the $450ish (Canada) for the Holley kit.

I'm using the Trans-Dapt 4572, but any brand will work. I wanted to avoid aluminum mounts and sliding mounts to keep the engine lower. It also put the 4L60E shifter in the same spot as the TH350 so I didn't really mess with the back drive linkage.