Front Dash Speakers

Jon Prasuhn

Hi there...I'm getting ready to install new 4x6 speakers in the dash (Kickers) and was wondering if there are any videos/info anyone has seen on how to modify the mounting process so they fit on the factory brackets. Thank you! - Jon

1 hour ago, Paul Bell said:

I used Aura speakers with tiny magnets.

I tried searching for those speakers you listed a couple of days ago in another thread. It looks like they were discontinued/basically unavailable unfortunately. I'm in the same boat and will be needing something soon when I get the dash re-installed, so hopefully someone has a good solution. Worst case, I'll order a bunch from Amazon and see what I can make fit. 

I did some research last year and saved a bunch of speaker model numbers of various sizes. Pretty soon I'll re-visit that list and order a few up. I also have that Dakota dash that may present added obstacles. Last resort, I'll look into the feasibility of those front lower kick panels that can mount a 6" or so speaker & put tweeters up in the dash locations.

It sucks that you can't just go to a stereo store like years past and listen to the wall of different speakers & also open the box to see what they look like. The good old days.... (I think I went to Best Buy last year after the website said they had some speakers in stock. That turned out to be a lie, and the display board they had didn't work anyways, plus the selection was poor as well)

As a front lower kick panel speaker owner I can recommend with some authority you try something else. Unless your legs, ankles, or feet grow ears you are most likely to be wildly disappointed.

28 minutes ago, cbolt said:

As a front lower kick panel speaker owner I can recommend with some authority you try something else. Unless your legs, ankles, or feet grow ears you are most likely to be wildly disappointed.

Lol, I'll keep that info in mind and try to find a good dash mount first. If not, then I'll shower my feet with good sound. Thanks!

I had my speakers reconed. if your ok with stock, then i will say doing the stock speakers is cheap. if you plan a different stereo you can have the speakers reconed to the ohm rating you need

• 4 weeks later...

So I found these online today, look  like they may be a viable replacement for the 'Aura' speakers that are discontinued. I just put the dash back in my car last night so I'll order a set to see how they work. Due to the Dakota Digital dash, it may be tight, we'll see. They also have a 4" round version with the same magnet configuration, but I'll try the 4x6 first. (Amazon has them too)

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/collections/stereo-speakers/products/4x6-inch-ultra-thin-replacement-speakers-pair?variant=31324813518