Sign in to follow this  
Rob Peters

Eastern Meet/Chevrolet Nationals Approved

Good Evening To You All,

Well, I heard from my Carlisle Events Contact today.  The local officials have given the go-ahead for the Chevrolet Nationals!!!!!  Carlisle Events submitted their plans for reopening.  They had a meeting with the officials, with their reopening guide lines and this was the reason they gave the approval for the Chevrolet Nationals Show.

I am attaching a copy of the guidelines Carlisle Events have set up.  As you will see they meet and exceed the CDC and government guidelines.  As you will also see that when in groups of people you will need a face mask/covering, especially when around other people.  That is not to say when you are not in groups that you can’t take your face covering down to get a few breaths of fresh air.

Social Distancing and no individual groups of no more than 25 people will be a must to meet state guidelines.  This in mind I am considering some ways our group can adhere to these rules and try to have some fun with this.  Here are some of my considerations:

1)      A prize for the member with the best, most innovative mask/bandanna/face covering

2)      For evening bench racing.  Before all of this happened, I knew our evening bench racing circle was going to be hard to do due to the number of people in the circle so in reality the guidelines set up of no group of more than 25 people will work out better for us.  So what we can do for our bench racing is as we get 25 people in a group we will start another group and keep adding groups and so we all get to be able to socialize with as many people as possible, what we will do is every 20 to 30 minutes we can just mix up the groups and make new groups with other people.

3)      For at the show field, to help enforce Social Distancing I am going to ask as many people as possible to bring easy-up canopies.  Many of our members bring these anyway so this should not be too much of a problem.  If you think you could bring an easy-up canopy please let me know so I can get an idea how many we will have available.  For people bringing trailers this should not be an issue. 

If you have any suggestions how we can abide by the Social Distancing Rules and turn it into something fun, please share them with me and I will make a list and share your suggestions with everyone in our emails.  I think we can make this fun if we all put our minds to it.  Regarding the masks, please keep in mind that many of our members are starting to get up there in years, I myself will be 70 in August which would put me into a bit of a higher risk than our members who are much younger so it is important that we do our best to protect ourselves as well as our members who may be in a higher risk group.  I look forward to many more years of meeting with my Monte Carlo Family and would appreciate your consideration.  The hotel has also told me they are required to enforce proper precautions with our group get-togethers.

With the restrictions we are not going to be able to do our Thursday Poker Run because going into multiple businesses would just be something we can not do.  What I was thinking about is a group parade on Thursday.  There is at least 1 large hospital in the area, as a matter of fact it is just down the street from the Fairfield Inn and Country Inn and Suites.  I have seen many videos of antique car groups showing support for medical workers by parading through the parking lot of medical facilities.  Maybe in place of the Poker Run we could do a parade through the Hospital parking lot.  Like I said, I have seen many of these antique automobile groups but to have this many Monte Carlo’s doing it would be amazing…… Your Thoughts?

I will be sending update and reminder emails between now and the Eastern Meet to keep everyone updated.

On Wednesday, when I arrive in Carlisle, I am going to ask for volunteers to assist in making up our club Goody Bags that everyone is going to get when we do our Club Registration.   When I do our club registration, along with your Goody Bag, you will receive a folder with your Club Judging Form, your Club Dash Card, Club Itinerary and any other inserts you will need. You will also receive a lanyard and name badge for everyone in your group and due to the number of members and family members (Many who will be attending their first Eastern Meet) who will be in attendance we will need everyone to wear their name badges.  These name badges and lanyards will be returned on Saturday night so we have them for future meets.

In the coming days I will be resending copies of some of the emails I have already sent with information on different club activities along with any updates as needed.

All that said, I again ask you to submit any suggestions on how we can try to turn these strange times into something fun.   Please open the attached document of things Carlisle Events has provided me with that shows the steps they are taking to help ensure your safety.  Now, something I have done in the past is a countdown and I will do this in these update emails.   So, here is where we start the Count Down To Carlisle:

33 DAYS AND A WAKE UP TILL I ARRIVE IN CARLISLE ON WEDNESDAY JUNE 24!!!!!

Rob Peters

Rob29ford@aol.com

Carlisle Events Safe Guidelines.pdf

Hot Damn this makes me very HAPPYYYYYY so can't wait for this Meet to happen. It will more than likely be the first car show of the year for Glendia and I.

Rob, Ill be bringing a canopy since you are counting. Secondly, the parade through the hospital parking lot sounds like a great idea. If there is more than one hospital or medical facility in the area perhaps we could hit more than one, or maybe a nursing home or facility parking lot parade as well. Those old folks have been pretty much cooped up in their nursing home or assisted living facility, my dad lives in one, since March. Just my .02

Rob, We can bring a canopy and I agree with James on the drive through. We will also help with the goody bag stuffing.

You are doing one heck of a job. THANK YOU.

Jay and Jenny

i have the Monte Pull Behind all loaded except for Sir Blackie of Monte Carlo. We have that big 10 X 17 awning so we will be able too handle several guests under our cover.

Is Carlisle events still going to supply us with a tent? I'll bring my little one too that way if we need it we'll have it.  I have the US flag also. Great idea Jim but not sure if I'll be there in time for that if it gets arranged.

As far as I know they will still be supplying us with a canopy, they haven't told me anything different on that.  Steve, I appreciate that you will be able to bring an easy-up canopy.  

Jim, I had also considered maybe a nursing home but will have to see what is nearby the area.  Maybe even a cruise through a local neighborhood.  

rob

We will be bringing a 10x10 canopy on thursday most likley around 10 to noon eta

While the show does not open till Friday morning I may see if we would be able to go in on Thursday and set up some of our easy-ups.

rob