Looks awesome.

The description is incorrect, it states bench seat, it has buckets and a floor console.

There seems to be an out of place AC line across the right fender skirt.

What are the odd colored wires at the vapor canister?

No second & third hood bumper slots in the fenders indicating they're not factory originals, they've been replaced.

Beautiful example of a 72.

The fenders are correct. Only the 70s had 3 hood bumpers. The 71-72s did not. 

Dual horns were not standard. 

There's an original '71 fender on Ebay right now with three slots.

I wasn't sure about the horns, dual horns are not listed as an option.

The one for 1250.00? Zoom in on where the rubber hood bumpers would be. NO slots for the bumpers to go into. Only the front one has it. 71-72. 

The 70s have all 3 slotted except for factory replacement fenders for the 70 which is like the 71-72s. Only the front has the bumper slot. 

For me That is NOT a 3000 mile brake peddle rubber.. That's a speedo cable thats been undone to 40,000 miles and put back on....

Darren

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 7.37.55 PM.png

No, THE $699.98 one.

We have a member here with a 71 with a pic showing the bumpers.

When I bought my fenders in the mid 80's I complained to the Chevy dealer that the slots were missing. My original 71 fenders had them.

1971 FENDER.jpg

Montecruiser.JPG

Paul and Tom, I am not sure what is correct, but I did notice now that I am starting to put my car together that my fenders only have the slots in the front. But I will ck all my cars tomm to see what they have. They are all 71s and 72s.

I found in the AMA specifications, 1970 cars had two horns, 71 & 72 had one. So the car in the ad has the correct single horn.

No paperwork or brochure lists the number of horns or an option or accessory code for dual horns.

Its *supposed *.to be a brand new 1972... hmm I agree on the pedal.

Any ideas about the red white & blue wires at the canister?

The wiring looks to be a mess below the wiper motor and a green wire seems to drape over the brake lines a few inches from the master.

72631479-770-0@2X.jpg

Here are some pics of my 71 regulator, 350 NO A/C. Hope they help some.

Bruce

IMG_0645 (1).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

Alright, get this. Lol. Concerning the hood bumpers being one or 3 bumpers/slots on the 71-72 front fenders.

Went to my 71 402 Nevada silver original body panel  Sept 1970 build date Monte and it has 3 slots on bother fenders. 

Then went to my son's, 71 350 black original body panel June 71 build date and it only has the front bumpers. Both cars were built in the Baltimore plant. IDK lol. 

IMG_20200523_140529.jpg

IMG_20200523_131556.jpg

So the plot thickens. Any chance your son's fenders have been changed? Maybe by a previous owner?

I think my car was a January 1971 built car, also Baltimore. I know it's original fenders both had all three slots, I've owned it since about 1983.

Not a chance. They are definitely the original factory installed front fenders on my son's 71. 🤔

Out of  the 71 and 72 cars I looked at today only 1 had 3 slits for hood bumpers. The rest only had 2 but I cant guarantee any of them are all stock.

Willie, if in pairs, I would say they are original. No guarantee though. Lol

My 70 SS has one original, 3 slot fender and one factory replacement with only the front slot. I also know this to be true because I located the original owners son who confirmed this after I asked him what happened to the fender and hood (swapped to a 71) . He then told me how they were replaced after a drunken evening after asking me how I knew they weren't the originals.