in resto process

the old hinges are tight, sticky and kind of shot so considering replacing them.

i see opg has the aftermarket for $71. any feedback on these as far as acceptable quality?

not prepared to spend the big bucks for the GM.

is it safe to say the aftermarket are the same among vendors when comparison shopping?

thanks

I will always recommend having your existing hinges redone. I cannot find the link to the site right now but will try again later if another member doesn't chime in. I sent mine off and they were rebuilt, powder coated, new springs, etc. and look and work perfectly for much less than the billet new hinges and it isn't cheap Chinese aftermarket garbage.

I got my replacements for Leo Konick, (Konick Klassiks) Springs and hinges and they work better that the bent hinges I had. Been six years and still working great

Posted (edited)

I got the ones from Ames Performance (from recommendations on this site - Probably Tom below..). Re-used the Monte springs.

It'll be part number D133T for a set

https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/Search_Web?order_number_e=NDk4ODIyMg%3D%3D &method_1=Y&method_2=&on=Y&search_method=1&search_part_num=d133t

https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/Detail_Web?part_num=D133T&order_number_e=NDk4ODIyMg%3D%3D &web_access=Y

Edited by jft69z
added links & part number

Get the ones from Ames Pontiac. For the 70-72 gto. They are riveted together like the originals and sturdy.  Highly recommended. 

16 hours ago, cbolt said:

I will always recommend having your existing hinges redone. I cannot find the link to the site right now but will try again later if another member doesn't chime in. I sent mine off and they were rebuilt, powder coated, new springs, etc. and look and work perfectly for much less than the billet new hinges and it isn't cheap Chinese aftermarket garbage.

I used these guys and they did an awesome job

http://www.hoodhingerepair.com/

are the ones from Ames the same that would fit on our first generation monte carlos?

on the ames site i see they are pontiac specific, just want to make sure its the same part?

if i cross reference on the NPD site with chevelle/GTO the numbers aren't the same.

i looked into the "repair" option, they are running about 3 weeks behind, dont want to hold up the body shop.

Try to find a used set from a 70 Monte Carlo. They are much beefy then 71-72 hinges. Also the spring is larger. Trust me, you will never look back.

Again, the 70-72 hood hinges manufactured by Ames Pontiac . Heavy construction, cold riveted like factory! Best factory style remanufactured hinges. Springs are separate.