Countdown To 2020 Eastern Meet

Rob Peters

Boy, I guess your lookin' forward to the meet? I haven't even took the cover off mine yet. After we get back from California I'll start to get ready for the meet. Going out to see the boy, Just got back from Iraq. In quarantine right now (doesn't have anything). Driving out and back, going to see how the country is doing with the pandemic crisis. I'll make my own assumptions after we get back. Dan and I are just itching to get out and play. You just be safe and careful in the big city of Pittsburgh, and enjoy the ride in your very nice MONTE !! post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Boy, I guess your lookin' forward to the meet? I haven't even took the cover off mine yet. After we get back from California I'll start to get ready for the meet. Going out to see the boy, Just got back from Iraq. In quarantine right now (doesn't have anything). Driving out and back, going to see how the country is doing with the pandemic crisis. I'll make my own assumptions after we get back. Dan and I are just itching to get out and play. You just be safe and careful in the big city of Pittsburgh, and enjoy the ride in your very nice MONTE !! post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

Jim, I have been looking forward to this 2020 meet for years.  I started urging the Carlisle Events people over 7 or 8 years ago to honor the Monte Carlo in 2020 for the 50th anniversary.  I had locked in a contract 5 years ago with our host hotel for this meet.....Who knew I would have to beg them for extra rooms and also need to secure contracts with other hotels as well just to have enough rooms to accommodate just our group...... So, I guess you could say I am "lookin'  forward to the meet"

rob

30 Days And A Wake-up Till I Arrive In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rob

29 Days And A Wake-up Till I Arrive In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That's right, no longer months or even a full month away.... We have broken into the 20's in the countdown

rob

27 Days And A Wake-up Till I Arrive In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

I hope everyone is getting together their early 70"s period dress garb together for our awards dinner dressup night, remember, disco came a little later so NO DISCO CLOTHING.

rob

26 Days And A Wake-up Till I Arrive In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Don't forget we will be decorating our canopy in an attempt to win "COOLEST CLUB CANOPY" Award.  If you have any Medieval decorations you can bring please let me know

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 25 Days And A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    The excitement builds.

rob

Hey Rob, rumor has it Pa. still has its state stores and beer distributors closed. Is that true? Just trying to figure out if I need to BYOB or not.

21 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Hey Rob, rumor has it Pa. still has its state stores and beer distributors closed. Is that true? Just trying to figure out if I need to BYOB or not.

Jim, 

No, in our area and over there they are open.  They started opening the state stores here a week or so ago.  The beer distributors are also open.

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 24 Days And A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Hip Hip Hooray 

rob

I like to buy local. Thanks for the update Rob. Those of you who were there must recall my case of Gennie cream in bottles. Nobody wanted to help me drink it, so I took care of it all by myself. :2beers:

12 hours ago, cbolt said:

I like to buy local. Thanks for the update Rob. Those of you who were there must recall my case of Gennie cream in bottles. Nobody wanted to help me drink it, so I took care of it all by myself. :2beers:

Ah yes the genny cream ale, that's all my brother drinks, I can live without it :beer:

The countdown continues.  ONLY 23 Days And A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

If you have projects to get finished on you are running out of time......git-er-done!

rob

Does Anyone Know What Day It Is?......... No, it is not "Over The Hump Day"   but it is the First day in June and do you know what that means???  If not, I will fill you in.  It means we are now living in the SAME month as the 2020 Eastern Meet toward the end of This Month.

Rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 21 Days And A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

The excitement is building.  I am receiving door prizes in the mail every few days, it's going to be a door prize Bonanza

The countdown continues.  ONLY 20 Days And A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Tomorrow we will be out of the 20's and into the teens,  we are really getting close

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 19 Days and A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

OH MY, I better start gathering everything I am going to have to take with me and see if it will fit in the car......  See you all soon

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 18 Days and A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Sorry I did not get a chance to post the updated countdown earlier today.

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 16 Days and A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Some questions I have had:

Question:   "Do you want the payment for the Awards Dinner made before the event"   Answer:  NO, Payment for the Award Dinner will be made when you check in with me to pick up your CLUB registration folder when you arrive  or during one of the club registration times."

Question:  "Can we bring anything to decorate the Club Canopy and if yes what can we bring?"   Answer:   YES, PLEASE DO.  The decorations could be based upon a sort of KNIGHT/MEDIEVAL and Monte Carlo Theme.  We are doing this to try to earn the Award for the Coolest Club Hang-Out.  If you have any ideas on something to bring to decorate the canopy please let me know what you may be bringing.

Question:  For the Award Dinner Period Dress, would an Afro-Style wig be acceptable?   Answer:  During this time many people had very long hair.  Not everyone's hair was straight.  Many had curly and even frizzy hair.  Look at people like Art Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Jerry Garcia to name a few so my answer to this is if an Afro-style wig is done respectfully and in good taste it would be acceptable.  

Question:  "Regarding the Thursday Evening Pizza Party, we may be arriving late in the day before the pizza party but to late to before the pizza is ordered, how can we make sure we will be able to participate in the pizza party.       Answer:   The Pizza Party will be held hopefully around 6:00 to 6:30 so I hope to place the order around or just before 5:00PM.  As long as you let me know you are coming I will include you in on the order.  The cost for the Pizza Party is $5.00 per person and payable when you arrive.  

Some Shirt Pocket Notes:  

On Thursday we should have some kids games:  The person who was going to handle the kids games is not going to be able to make it.  If you would be interested in handling a couple or three kids games please let me know.  I will have a few things to give away to the kids during the games.

Car and Owner Pictures:  I have to get a picture of each and every member in attendance.  If you will have your car there I need a picture with you and your family with your car or at least you with your car.  If you will not have your car there I need to get a picture of you.  One reason I need the pictures of members with their cars is if your car wins one of the club voted awards, that picture will be included on your award plaque.  Getting this many pictures is going to be a challenge for me.  If you are good with a camera and would like to help with these pictures I would welcome your help.  I would like to get as many of these pictures on Wednesday and Thursday at the club hotel because once people arrive at the show field they seem to disappear.

Club Supplied Drinks On Show Field:  I will be buying bottled water for the show field.  The issue I will have is this.  With everything I will need to bring to run the meet I will not have room to bring a cooler to place this bottled water in.  It is important to keep hydrated.  If someone would be able to bring a cooler that could be used for the club water please let me know.  The club will supply the ice.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will include them in these update messages for everyone to see.

Thanks,

rob

The countdown continues.  ONLY 14 Days and A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yep, We are getting to within the Two Week Range. 

A couple questions have come up from members:

Question:  How much Room will there be to socially distance at the award ceremony? In every year prior to this one the place we were sitting for an award ceremony was very cramped and I don't understand how we can do that and still socially distance. I'm just afraid we're going to be cramped and people again be coughing and sneezing all over the place....   Answer:  In the building we will  have the awards there are two sections.  In the smaller section the Buffet Food Stations will be set up.  In the larger area it seats around 250 people and our group will not be that large.  If everyone goes to the dinner I think our group would be between 150 to 175 people.  For the meal if people are uncomfortable with being too close to others you will have the option of going out to the club canopy or your personal Easy-up if you brought one.  I think Carlisle Events is providing us with a 30 X 50 club canopy which is quite large.

Question:   Do registered cars or people leave at all during the show or is it stay all day? Just curious how that is?   Answer:  If you find you need to leave the show field at any time during the day you will just be able to get into your car and drive out.  You can come and go as you please with your car.  If you walk off the show field for any reason through one of the gates they will stamp your hand and will be able to walk/reenter the show field without paying again.  

Question:  When will we receive our Carlisle Events Chevrolet Nationals Gate Pass if we preregistered with Carlisle Events?  Answer:  From what our Carlisle Events Contact Person has told me last Friday the preregistered gate passes were to start going into the mail yesterday (Monday June 8th) or today so we should start receiving them within this or early next week.

In my last message I asked if anyone could bring a cooler to put club supplied bottled water in and member Joseph Roman has said he can bring one.  One may be enough but if we had  maybe another member that could bring another one as a backup it would be good but if we only have this one it may be enough.  Thanks to Joseph

In an earlier message I asked if a member could bring an American Flag to put on our Club Canopy and Steve Lavoie has volunteered to bring one.  Thanks to Steve.

Thursday Group Caravan:  I am still working on this.  I have sent an email to all of the South Middletown Township Commissioners telling them of our plan of doing a caravan through one hospital and three senior citizen car facilities.  I  wanted to request this approval and I also invited them to lead us with their fire engines, rescue and ambulance crews.  I am waiting their approval.

If you have any questions please let me know.  Most of our members are who will be attending this is not their first Eastern Meet at Carlisle but for about 25 members this will be their first Eastern Meet and that is why you may be seeing so many questions being answered.

Rob

• Like 1

The countdown continues.  ONLY 13 Days and A Wake-up Till  people arriving on Wednesday will be arriving In Carlisle For The 2020 Eastern Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon we will be tracking the long range forecast for Carlisle.  

Regarding the Thursday caravan.  My email to the township commissioners hit paydirt.  My email made it to the head of the Emergency Services because I had suggested in my email that the township provide Fire Trucks, Rescue and Ambulances included.  He is going to take the lead and will arrange to arrange the whole thing and even look into getting the Pennsylvania State Police.  More to come on this.

rob

Is anyone bringing a table? Tony usually has one with him but can't make it, bummer going to miss him and the family. I can bring one. Just thinking for snacks or games or whatever. May be easier for you too Rob at club tent to hand out stuff.

• Like 1