For those w/ fiberglass hoods....

AL M

Hey Robyn, FYI, I called Glasstek and inquired about the springs for their 4in cowl hood bolt on hood...They are the gold ones part# M1001L...Seems your hood tips the scale at 40lbs....Bill, I went to the JEGS web site and see that they make a medium Harwwod spring HAR-215...Do you think its worth a try?..Al

like I said before...I have seen people forget to remove those pins and started to close the hood eek

it wasn't pretty cry

After seeing that picture I imagined myself in a hurry to leave a car show and grabbing my hood and pulling down fairly hard and forgeting the pins were in... eek...I actually got a tingling in my stomach at the thought.

I think I'll be okay and won't forget though...but if I do I will post pictures of the carnage... crazy

Bill

bill.

after a few times putting the pin in and taking it out routine, it became a routine- at least for me anyways. i have yet to close the hood without taken the pin out.

thanh

Good news guys, the Harwood medium tension 215 springs holds my hood up. They were much stiffer that the 210's and even came in black. I stretched them on with just a little bit of muscle and it was a done deal...Thanx again for all the replies. Al

Good news guys, the Harwood medium tension 215 springs holds my hood up. They were much stiffer that the 210's and even came in black. I stretched them on with just a little bit of muscle and it was a done deal...Thanx again for all the replies. Al

I might have to get them a try and scratch the hinge pin idea... smile

Bill