2021 Western Meet - Bigfork, MT

THE LOCATION OF THE MEET IS NO LONGER IN MONTANA. IT HAS BEEN CHANGED DUE TO BORDER RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BEYOND OUR CONTROL. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER POST WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW LOCATION.

The US government extended the land border closure with Canada to August 21st. Without the large number of members attending from Canada the meet in Montana would have very few members causing us to cancel the meet altogether. We moved the meet to a Canadian location in order to make sure we can even have a Western Meet this year.

17th Annual Western Meet
Bigfork, Montana
September 2-5, 2021

The 2021 Western Meet will be returning to Montana. The town of Bigfork is located next to Flathead Lake and offers some great scenery in the area. We expect over 30 members from 15 states and provinces. We will update the web site and message forum periodically as information comes available. If you have any questions regarding this meet, please contact me.

Weekend Schedule

Thursday: Free day to do sightseeing (Glacier National Park is highly recommended), clean up your car, relax by the pool and interact with fellow members. It is essentially our own car show in the hotel parking lot that day.

Friday:  Scenic cruise (10am-3pm)

Saturday:  Cruise around Flathead Lake (10am-3pm)

Sunday:  Car show at the Timbers (all day)
Sunday evening:  FGMCC awards banquet and door prize draws (6pm-8pm)

And of course, every night is a party at the Timbers Motel!

Event registration
No car show registration required. You simply need to be a dues paying FGMCC member.

Hotel info
Click Here for hotel booking information

We will have activities from Friday morning (September 3rd) through Sunday night (September 5th). You can decide on how much of the weekend to participate in. Most members will arrive by Wednesday evening and leave on Monday morning but some members will come for a shorter visit. Club members must inform me if you are planning on attending the meet. This will be important for planning the activities for the weekend. You must be a dues paying FGMCC member to participate in the meet activities.

Bigfork MT Real Estate | Montana West Realty | Custom MLS Search

Timbers Motel

2019 Western Meet Video
This gives you an idea of what a typical meet weekend is like

• Like 1

• Canuck pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m still working on communicating with the hotel to set up a new contract for 2021. Once I have the details I will email everyone regarding cancelling 2020 and setting up new reservations.

For 2021 we will have a block of 29 rooms set aside for us at the Timbers Motel. They cannot take reservations more than a year out so you will need to wait until September to reserve a room for 2021. Details to come!

For those of you with reservations at the Timbers Motel for 2020 you need to call (406) 837-6200 to cancel the reservation.

We will have members attending from great distances this year representing 10 states and 5 provinces.

There are already several rooms booked and I anticipate that we will fill up all 29 rooms at the Timbers Motel. If you run into trouble getting a hotel room please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a quick map of where members are coming from for the 2021 Western Meet. Thus far there are over 30 members expected from 11 states and 5 provinces. Pretty amazing representation of the club we will have at this meet. If you have not made your reservations, I suggest you make them soon to ensure you get a room at the main hotel.

WM Map.jpg

I have updated the map in the post above to add a couple more locations. I was hoping with the Montana location would attract additional members from SD, ND, NE and WY as this is the closest the meet has been to those states. It would be great to add those states to our growing list.

Aaron, as of right now we would have 23 members who are on the club roster in those 5 states.  Out of those 23 members ONLY 5 of these members are current in their dues and 18 are behind in their dues anywhere from 1 month to 4 years.  We just don't have that many active members in those states.

rob

19 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Aaron, as of right now we would have 23 members who are on the club roster in those 5 states.  Out of those 23 members ONLY 5 of these members are current in their dues and 18 are behind in their dues anywhere from 1 month to 4 years.  We just don't have that many active members in those states.

rob

Yeah, maybe we can boost that before this meet. :)

On 10/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, 72 Monte Carlo said:

I plan on having my 72 Monte done this fall/winter, so I will be coming to my first ever FGMCC meet this next year.

I look forward to meeting you. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8 months to go! More than half of the rooms are booked at the club hotel so be sure to book your room as soon as you can.

IMG_8772.JPG

I'm looking to swap seats for more comfortable ones just for the western meet road trip and have a set of nice buckets that will be great. I went on the manufacturer site to get seat adaptors for them to fit in the Monte and the price was reasonable at around $80 per bracket. Great, right? Well I put the brackets in my shopping cart and went to check out only to find shipping from California to be.... are you ready..... (drum roll)... $2800! I could literally fly out to California, purchase them, and fly back with them in my carry on luggage cheaper than what that company wants for shipping. 

Needless to say I am planning to contact that company first thing tomorrow morning to see what the deal is. 

Regardless, tomorrow begins the process of getting the car ready to make that cross country trip. Linda and I are pretty excited. 

• Like 1

Jim,

It looks to me like someone missed putting in a decimal point in when calculating the cost.  I envy you and Linda being able to make that cross country trip to attend the Western Meet.  

rob

Rob, I wish that was the case. A simple missing decimal point. Unfortunately the decimal point was there immediately following the second zero. Craziest thing I ever saw. I guess they just do not want to ship their products to Florida. 

We have already found a few side trips to make as well, including visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Las Vegas, and Yellowstone to name a few. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

6 months to go!

The Timbers Motel is most likely full but may have 1 or 2 rooms left. Note that if you try booking a room with the club discount code and there is none left, try booking without the code as there may be a room outside the club block in that hotel. If all the rooms at the Timbers are full and you need a room please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Getting pretty excited. Linda has plotted our course and it looks like we will be passing through 22 different states on our way to the western meet. The big thing is to avoid places like Atlanta and a few other big cities but we are going to run mostly interstate roads both ways because doing so gives us more time for side trips and sightseeing. With that in mind i will likely add cruise control before August. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Getting pretty excited. Linda has plotted our course and it looks like we will be passing through 22 different states on our way to the western meet. The big thing is to avoid places like Atlanta and a few other big cities but we are going to run mostly interstate roads both ways because doing so gives us more time for side trips and sightseeing. With that in mind i will likely add cruise control before August. 

Wow. That’s awesome. Nice trip