2021 Western Meet - Bigfork, MT

Extend restrictions? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

Fingers crossed. 

The news today of the extension of the US border restrictions to Aug 21st is certainly not ideal. I will be considering all options and will be in touch.

Hate to say it, but i will likely have to pull the trigger and go to the eastern meet instead this year. Too many variables and no real feeling that the border will actually open in time. Dang it, i had the trip all planned out too but the finance fairy tells me i can only afford one or the other. 

11 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Hate to say it, but i will likely have to pull the trigger and go to the eastern meet instead this year. Too many variables and no real feeling that the border will actually open in time. Dang it, i had the trip all planned out too but the finance fairy tells me i can only afford one or the other. 

Considering the long distance you are driving I understand that you need to make a decision. I certainly hope to see you at a Meet in the future.

Too funny...

Today we get devastating news about the border restrictions, then I also get a reply today from the email I sent Rumble in the Bay in May telling me the car show is back on. Hahahaha! I laughed out loud in my office by myself when I saw that email.

FYI, still working on our options and will be updating with any information as soon as I can.

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

Too funny...

Today we get devastating news about the border restrictions, then I also get a reply today from the email I sent Rumble in the Bay in May telling me the car show is back on. Hahahaha! I laughed out loud in my office by myself when I saw that email.

FYI, still working on our options and will be updating with any information as soon as I can.

Aaron,

I am so sorry all of your hard work has turned into even more work trying to work around all of the road blocks.  Thanks for working so hard on this 2021 Western Meet and all of the options you are trying to work through as workarounds for our club members.  If for one really appreciate all of your work for the club.

rob

• Canuck unlocked this topic

THE LOCATION OF THE MEET IS NO LONGER IN MONTANA. IT HAS BEEN CHANGED DUE TO BORDER RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BEYOND OUR CONTROL. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER POST WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW LOCATION.

The US government extended the land border closure with Canada to August 21st. The chance that they will allow people through the land border is unknown so we had to make a move. Without the large number of members attending from Canada the meet in Montana would have very few members causing us to cancel the meet altogether. We moved the meet to a Canadian location in order to make sure we can even have a Western Meet this year.

• Canuck locked this topic