Mini-Meet in Summerland, BC - September 12-13, 2020

EDITED JULY 12, 2020

Due to the cancellation of the Western Meet this year I'm looking into who may be interested in a mini-meet in Summerland, BC on Sep 12-13. If you are coming from out of town the Rosedale Motel is a decent affordable place to stay in town. I anticipate 10-15 first gen Monte Carlos attending from 3 provinces.

Itinerary

Saturday 10am-4pm cruise through the Okanagan Valley. I have a great route planned for the day with some great scenery and fun stops planned. One stop in particular has great views and a ton of vintage autos.

Sunday car show at the hotel, relax by the pool and visit with everyone. Maybe a short afternoon cruise for lunch or dinner.

Rosedale Motel info

I spoke with the hotel owner and they have vacancy for Sep 11, 12 and 13th. I recommend you book as soon as you can if you plan to attend.
https://www.rosedalemotel.com/

Travellers from out of town

I’m not sure what the borders will be like at that time for US residents to come up here. It is possible they could still be closed to non-essential travel and US residents will not be allowed to attend.

As for travellers from other provinces you are now welcome as announced recently.

The Okanagan Valley

for those that have not been here this area offers huge lakes, great scenery, hundreds of wineries and several beaches.

Social Distancing

I encourage social distancing throughout the weekend. The hotel has areas we can easily spread out and still enjoy each other's company. Same goes for the cruise destinations. If you have any symptoms of Covid 19, do not come.

This will be a great time! Please let me know if you are coming.

gallery_98_4_199588.jpg

gallery_98_4_135755.jpg

Aaron, thank you for being willing to switch gears on a bad situation and come up with a backup plan for people on the Left Coast.

rob

12 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Aaron, thank you for being willing to switch gears on a bad situation and come up with a backup plan for people on the Left Coast.

rob

I’m always up for a meet whether it is official or not.

I already have bookings from people in Saskatchewan and Alberta. Keep em coming and let me know if you will be attending.

Today I did our cruise route for this meet. This is a different route than we’ve done before in this area. The lunch stop will be at an orchard that not only has great views, there is a huge collection of cars and other nostalgia. You are in for a treat.

This photo is just the tip of the iceberg.

BB45EFFF-AFD4-4CDB-A6DC-964B81A22F2C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you coming from out of BC I have not heard of any harassment locally of people coming from out of province. The Okanagan is a tourist destination and it seems to be no different than usual here with a lot of Alberta and some Saskatchewan plates. It has clearly been stated by BC's Premier that out of province travel into BC is permitted.

If you have not yet booked your hotel, I recommend you do it as soon as you can.

Covid 19:
I encourage social distancing throughout the weekend at the hotel and during the cruise. The hotel has areas we can easily spread out and still enjoy each other's company. Some businesses here require masks to shop so bring one if you have one. Bring your own chairs etc. Whether you think this pandemic is a farce or not, please respect everyone else who wants to keep a reasonable distance.

If you have any symptoms of Covid 19, do not come.

• Like 1

I just got confirmation from the owners of the property with the car collection regarding our cruise on Sep 12th which is exciting. As I said before, it is a pretty cool place with lots to look at. April and I will have some fun testing out the cruise route over the next few weeks. :yay:

I sent an Important email out today to all those I know are attending. If you did not receive this email please let me know.

less than a month now... :)

For those that have seen the news about the fire locally it does not affect this meet. The fire is South of Penticton and a long way from Summerland. It is possible that I may change our cruise route slightly but does not impact any of the destinations.

I look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks.

Don’t hesitate to call me if you have questions 250-494-4024.

• 2 weeks later...

This certainly did not pan out as a Monte meet but I still organized a cruise for Saturday inviting some local car guys. There will be a couple Montes and a bunch of other classics. It will be a fun day.

Aaron, thank you so much for trying to provide our members with an alternative to the western meet.  I am sorry even the FGMCC Mini-Meet also took a nosedive.  I hope your Saturday driving cruise is a success.  Enjoy yourselves and don't forget to post pictures.

rob

On 8/12/2020 at 6:47 PM, Canuck said:

At this point we have about 15 Monte Carlos and 20+ people in the group. Should be a good time.

What happened to everyone? 

Sorry that didn't work out with the effort you put in

Today was still a great cruise.

some cancelled because of the virus, some due to medical and some due to family emergency. The rest of the dominos fell after that. We had 2 club members today and a bunch of my local car friends. Here’s a few photos from the property we visited today.

ED6AABCE-8380-412C-B2C8-1E00416FC54A.jpeg

C72E54DF-B4A6-4275-B534-5F2B0A1A4D7A.jpeg

BC9F5411-5812-4BC1-A5C6-3A4C03AD7260.jpeg

37D43694-D0F1-4237-A1FE-EFB5BD587148.jpeg

51F74AF7-2043-4CEA-902F-D58A70E51B69.jpeg

B6A5634D-3FB6-411E-B761-264E536D40DE.jpeg

• Like 1