New club member 72 Monte Carlo

NW Sasquatch

I just took ownership of the 72’ that my dad has had for over 30 years.  It’s been a bit neglected so I’m just starting the restoration on it.  This will be a project that I’ll work on with both my teenage boys. I hope to pass it down to them one day. 

00382DB7-FC70-4350-9F07-A88DE54B89AA.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like a nice Monte to start a project with your sons.  Just a note here, we LOVE lots of pictures so keep them coming.   I do have a question, had the front end been involved in a crash?  The reason I ask that is you say it is a 72 but in the picture it has a 70 Grill, 71 bumper and 71 fender extensions.

rob

Welcome. This is a Great Group and Club. Nice looking car to.

If you have any questions this is the club to ask. Good luck in your restoration and have fun with those kids.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, Rob Peters said:

Looks like a nice Monte to start a project with your sons.  Just a note here, we LOVE lots of pictures so keep them coming.   I do have a question, had the front end been involved in a crash?  The reason I ask that is you say it is a 72 but in the picture it has a 70 Grill, 71 bumper and 71 fender extensions.

rob

Hi Rob, good observation!  There was some sort of accident prior to our family ownership.  I will be restoring it to the original 72 front-end.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 11:48 PM, NW Sasquatch said:

I just took ownership of the 72’ that my dad has had for over 30 years.  It’s been a bit neglected so I’m just starting the restoration on it.  This will be a project that I’ll work on with both my teenage boys. I hope to pass it down to them one day. 

00382DB7-FC70-4350-9F07-A88DE54B89AA.jpeg

welcome

• Like 1

• 1 month later...