Front turn signals 70 Monte

TWAMECH

Need a little help with turn signals

First, when I got my car it had orange lens for the front turn signals in the bumper, is this correct? or should it be clear

I also need light sockets for these lights. If anyone has a part number. Here is a pic of the bucket I believe it is correct for a 70.

Thanks Chris.

thumbnail_IMG_20200607_080544700.jpg

I don't know how well Chrome Paint would hold up but I am sure it would be better than what you have.  I do know that due to the fact that the Monte Carlo had a clear lens and an amber bulb that the light generated is very bright in a nice original reflector so I think chrome paint may work for you.  It looks like you have nothing to lose to give it a try.

rob

When I got the car the everything had been painted blue, bumpers. door handles etc, the buckets were covered in blue overspray. I cleaned them but that is as good as I could get it.

Chris  

Hey Chris.

The orange lens is for the 70 El Camino. Like Rob said, the 70 Monte should be clear with a metal ornament in the middle.

I have used a "chrome" type spray. I believe Eastwood has a paint for this application that was used. 

Thanks for info. I rewired my car with an AAW kit and the bulb socket for these lights doesnt fit. I am looking for a part number for the bulb socket as well. I assume the reflectors were the same for Monte and El Camino 

Chris