Factory Cruise Control

70Meangreen

Does anyone have a factory cruise set up in their ‘70 Monte? Any pics of the inner fender area and especially the bracket at the carb would be really helpful. Trying to find the correct throttle/cruise cable bracket at the carburetor. Thanks in advance for the help!!

The 1970 cruise control lever is chrome and there was also a vacuum canister mounted on the firewall not the inner fender and 71 didn’t have any cruise control but 72 had a black lever with the canister on the inner fender. The linkage was different In 70.

730 installed in 1970, 11,510 installed in 1972. Zero in 1971 must be because they lost the records.

It was specifically not available on any SS454 Monte Carlos because the superlift pump was mounted where the cruise control was supposed to be.

11 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

730 installed in 1970, 11,510 installed in 1972. Zero in 1971 must be because they lost the records.

It was specifically not available on any SS454 Monte Carlos because the superlift pump was mounted where the cruise control was supposed to be.

Makes sense about the compressor on the SS models... nowhere to mount the cruise control regulator.

19 hours ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

The 1970 cruise control lever is chrome and there was also a vacuum canister mounted on the firewall not the inner fender and 71 didn’t have any cruise control but 72 had a black lever with the canister on the inner fender. The linkage was different In 70.

Thanks for the pics Jerry, much appreciated!! ... Pictures really are worth a thousand words!!

The vacuum canister that you are referring to is the servo that has the cable attached to the back side according to my 1970 Monte assembly manual. Which  brings me to my next question, does anybody know who restores cruise control servos for our Monte’s?image.thumb.jpg.a1c3bee855b474d7a6cfab85a57993f6.jpg

I made a mistake when I said the server was mount on the firewall it’s on the inner fender like the 72 I was thinking of a 68 impala I saw so the only difference is the chrome lever in 70 and the linkage to the carburetor with the chain in 70

18 minutes ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

I made a mistake when I said the server was mount on the firewall it’s on the inner fender like the 72 I was thinking of a 68 impala I saw so the only difference is the chrome lever in 70 and the linkage to the carburetor with the chain in 70

Got it ... thanks again for all of your help!! 

I added it about 30 years ago, bought a used assembly from someone in the old Monte Carlo Owners Association.

I have trouble with it every 3 years or so. I take it (the thing that both speedometer cables attach to) apart, clean it up and then it works!

This picture shows how I attached it to my 350 4BBL (NO A/C)

Linkage pic.jpg

• 1 year later...