a/c wire route

Does anyone know how I route the green wire for the A/C around the firewall to the inner fender well to the compressor. I am hung up by the power booster, I don't know if it goes under or over. I have it going over the booster to the clip and down the inner fender well and to the comp, but its tight and doesn't look right. Any ideas?

Willie,

I wish I could say for sure but I can't.  I don't think mine runs over the top of the booster but I can not say for sure.  I think mine runs under the booster and is in with the bundle running on top of the inner fender well.

Rob

I looked in the assembly manual (for a '72). Looks like it follows the harness across the firewall, over the booster, to the clip, then follows the forward light harness along the fender well. I'll post a few pics later when I get home from work.

As this wire was added after the body was assembled on the Fisher Body side, the brake booster would have been put on the body first. It would easier to drop the wire over the booster than under and speed is everything on an assembly line.

It's also a more direct path for the wire.

I'd say the wire belongs over the booster.

Thanks guys, I ran it over booster and along side of the harness. It was hung up under the wiper motor, I got a couple of inches after that and now it sits and looks better.  

Thanks everyone