HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Peters

Happy 50th Birthday To My Monte Carlo.  It is a day early but I won't be able to be on line much tomorrow so I want to post this tonight.  My Monte was assembled on June 16, 1970.  I just happened to look at my Build Sheet a couple days ago and noticed the build date anniversary was approaching.

Rob

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 714024SPEED said:

Happy birthday 🎂 hope you buy your Monte something nice.

Yep, it is getting an all expenses paid trip to Carlisle in 5 days and a wake-up.  I hope it appreciates it because it is costing me a fortune.

rob

• Like 1

Happy 50th Birthday!

I need to look so I know my 71 Monte's actual birthday and not just the day I picked it up.

Enjoy!

Bruce

My 71 was built April 27, 1971 in Oshawa, ON

I never thought to look that up, Thanks for the kick start Rob!

Bruce

You can get the "Birthday" of your Monte off of the trim code plate on top of the firewall. Also if your lucky enough, there should be a sticker with your vin number and "build date" on the driver's door near the lock mechanism in the jamb and as you are lucky enough to have, a build sheet. Some of us, especially with Montes built in the Flint plant don't have them. 

8 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Where is the date on the build sheet?? Number 10 on mine shows 87  06-03 so I assume mine was born on June 3rd does that sound correct?

Paul,

Yes, box 10 so you are correct about your build date as being June 3rd.

rob

Buildsheet top Left 1.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

You can get the "Birthday" of your Monte off of the trim code plate on top of the firewall. Also if your lucky enough, there should be a sticker with your vin number and "build date" on the driver's door near the lock mechanism in the jamb and as you are lucky enough to have, a build sheet. Some of us, especially with Montes built in the Flint plant don't have them. 

Thomas, correct me if I am wrong.  The trim code does not give the build date but I think it gives the month and the week but not the date/day.  Also, I thought I recently looked at the blue sticker on my door and I could be wrong on this but I thought mine only gave me the month of 06 and year of 70   (06/70) but not the day.  I will have to look at the door sticker on Tuesday when I go up to pick it up at my storage garage to finish packing it for the Eastern Meet.

rob

1 hour ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Thanks Rob as I didn’t know as I checked, it’s my Monte birthday today!

wondering what the first 2 digit “59” means?

C074CC48-1604-46CA-A2CA-7E13AF578E1A.jpeg

Think I heard somewhere that is the number the car was on the line that day but not 100 % sure of that. Mine is 20 5-20 mine is a 71

Maybe it is just me but when you stop and think about how many of these vehicles came off an Assembly Line in a day.  I mean think about it.  I guess what I am saying is I look at how long it takes our membrers to reassemble their Monte's.... Months and months or years if you get right down to it.  

When you are talking about an assembly line they put out 100's in a day or even a 1,000.  When you stop and think about it, to build even one car seems like an amazing feat.  You know Henry Ford was an amazing mind to have invented the assembly line to build cars....  I don't know, maybe it isn't that amazing to others but to me to build one complete car is amazing but 100's or 1000 in a day is hard to imagine and to meet quality standards even more amazing.

rob

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My Monte turned 50 2 months ago and in 2 days I will be 70.  Look what my sister sent me...

She used a picture of my car to make the image on the black one.  She designed the shirts and made them herself.20200820_133429.jpg

rob

• Like 3