70 no start when hot

imr

It seems that when the car gets hot it wont start. i have a BBC. the battery and cables are new, the starter is a delco new, i have taken voltage readings and the seem normal from the battery to the red on the bulk head and the solenoid wire from the bulk head to the starter. thebignition switch and nuetral safety switch is new also. I am not condeming the new starter because the old starter did the same thing. any clues or ideas. thanks

if i remove the Solenoid wire from the starter and measure volts to the wire from battery ground i loose less than .5volts but circuit stays over 12 volts. 

My big block has been doing the same thing. My car had a heat shield when I got it and left it off with the new starter. A forum member suggested I put it back on which I did. Since I put it back on I have had a couple times when the car did the same thing, turn the key and nothing. Another member suggested that the ignition switch may need to be adjusted. I just checked my connections at the switch and they are fine. The last time my car acted up was on a cold start. You may want to add the heat shield. The starter solenoid is very close to the exhaust manifold.

I have 12.5 volt at the starter Bat and when i turn the key i get 12. at the solwnoid wire.  i have a heat shield on order but i dont think that is the issue