215/70R15 vs. 225/70R15

My questions and concerns about fit--mainly fender skirt clearance--answered, thanks to fellow members, 714024SPEED, MC1of80 and Blackhawk and their responses to my post, “Fender Skirts: Tire & Wheel Sizing Concerns” - https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21754-fender-skirts-tire-wheel-sizing-concerns/

I’m pretty sure there won’t be any problems with my wheel selection:

“Rally Wheel, Chrome, 15" X 7", 4-1/4" Backspacing” - https://www.opgi.com/wheels-accessories/wheels/wheel-chrome-rally/rally-wheel-chrome-15-x-7-4-14-backspacing-ch27713.html

Thinking of maybe switching to the more expensive BFGoodrich RADIAL T/A®, complaints about the raised white letters turning brown, I’m pretty sure I’m going to stick with the Cooper COBRA® RADIAL G/T™.

Assured that both will work, I’m now trying to decide whether to go with a 215/70R15 or 22570R15 tire. Although I’m leaning towards the latter--costing a few dollars less--I’d really appreciate any input regarding either one.

Thank you.

Tire Options.jpg

Edited by Ellis

I'm running P225/70R15 but don't have skirts. I'm thinking about switching to 245/60R15. But with all the complaints about the ta's turning brown I may also change to cooper. I haven't heard any complaints about those.

I’m going through some tire choices myself. 225/70 or 235/70 is what I’m considering as these are similar to the height of the two original tires offered on these cars. Here’s a chart showing various tire sizes and their diameters.

9213E068-E949-49A8-BF1E-879BE7E7CBC1.png

Do not go with the BF Goodrich Radial TA. I'm on my 3rd set in 2 years and the white letters have turned brown on every set. Michelin will only exchange them and not refund them so I'm stuck with them. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 8:59 PM, McCall72 said:

Do not go with the BF Goodrich Radial TA. I'm on my 3rd set in 2 years and the white letters have turned brown on every set. Michelin will only exchange them and not refund them so I'm stuck with them. Never again.

That is what I’m afraid of

• 4 weeks later...

Ellis,

Did you go with 15" X 7 rallys with 4-1/4 backspacing all the way around?  I'm already running 225/70R 15's with skirts on stock steel rims.  I think I want to dress it up bit more...

Chuck