Vin tag help

I need help. The vin tag on my 71 is rusted away (windshield leak) and California hwy patrol issued a replacement and riveted it to the door jamb (it’s all legal and documented). I am trying to get a new one for the dash under the windshield and Dataplates don’t know what it looks like. So I need pictures of the details of the tag if anyone has a 71 with the windshield out and the dashpad off. From different angles (top side and close ups ). Please cover your number if you want but details of the numbers may help him also 

Thanks in advance 

Dennis

Here's a partial of a '72. I can take better pics with a rule next to it later tonight if you want unless someone has it before then.

20200619_230526.jpg

Actually that may work. Question though. Are there numbers between the rivits? Mine doesn’t seem to have that or possible that it’s a 1972 thing. But then again look what I am dealing with 

thanks

1EA5F293-3EAC-48FE-A138-0E6A30A988BE.png

Yeah, there's numbers between the rivets, but they'll be covered when the dash pad is installed. I'll take some pics when I get home later. The font on the letters/numbers may be something they'll want to see on the main VIN for an accurate reproduction.

I don’t yet know if they will even do but at least they are inquiring about it. jft69z if that’s your dash I am going to kneel down to the gods. That look amazing 

Thanks Dennis. I sprayed it last year while doing the underside, etc (the pencil marks were for lining up the speakers). The gray strip is epoxy primer because supposedly they don't want you putting a windshield in over paint for safety reasons. Probably not a huge deal with this car, but newer cars consider the glass as part of the structure, plus airbags etc. They want the urethane sealer to adhere. In fact, the windshield pretty much popped out of this one when I removed it, at least a third of it wasn't even bonded to the opening. They have some very detailed procedures/guidelines nowadays to install glass, liability issues being a major concern as well I imagine.

Thanks for all the pics that should be good as long as 71&72 are the same. They do look the same. But now I am curious about what the other numbers are. Any ideas?

The tags would appear to be the same across the years.. The other numbers, who knows...could be a part number? Either way, totally hidden when the dash pad is installed.

• 1 year later...